Thread: Hatsan Factory Gas ram

Feedback Score

Default Hatsan Factory Gas ram

Hi guys here`s a review of my Hatsan 60s Gas-ram

I`ve just recently bought this rifle ,it was the quality of the stock that caught my eye ,but for £200 new ,the rest of the gun ain`t bad http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/101825...UntitledAlbum#

The bluing is nice,even and can be described as adequate (`bout the same as on a Gamo/Norica) ,but the rifle is built like a tank.The barrel pivots on a threaded bolt and there is a little "keeper" screw to stop the main bolt coming loose.The action is secured by a large single bolt which goes though the "SAS" anti vibration "doo dah",,which looks like a huge chunky eyelet welded to the underside of the cylinder(and actually works!).At the rear a large bolt goes through the back of the trigger guard into the action ,the front trigger guard screw only secures the guard into the wood.The Tru-glo sights,safety and the Trigger Guard are the only synthetic nylon componants on the gun; everything else is either steel,alloy or walnut.

The trigger unit is the "Quattro" as fitted to the new Webleys and is a waking nightmare to adjust,but I finally got it down to about 2 lbs ,with a nice predictable let-off.

Accuracy wise the rifle really liked 5.52 AA Fields and also Superdomes.Off the bench ;I was hitting a 15mm Kill zone at 25 m to begin with ,ending up with knocking over 40mm kill zones at 40 m, and the rifle is still running in and doing a consistant 11.6 ft/lbs and has a lovely firing cycle.

Finally I e-mailed Edgar Brothers [the U.K. Importers of Hatsans] to find out about spares and servicing ,cos this is such a new piece of kit.They replied that have spares and will service the rifle for a "nominal fee" once the 1 year no quibble guarantee expires.

Not too shabby for £200.

http://www.hatsan.com.tr/airguns_mod_60_s.asp

Take care and shoot safe

Kenny B.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The Model 60S is the wooden stocked 5.5mm version of the Model 70.

To the best of my knowledge Hatsan do not make gas ram versions of any springers.

Kenbu, can you give us more info on the gas ram?
    Business Address: 27 Jan K Marais Avenue, Malanshof, Randburg
    Postal Address: PO Box 690, Fontainebleau, 2032
    vsd@telkomsa.net ¤ www.m-ze.co.za ¤ 011 791 0629 ¤ 083 997 7718

Feedback Score

Yep Here`s a link to one of the U.K. stockists ,check it out you`ll see that the 60s is available as a Gas-Ram .The even better news is that Edgar Bros ,the U.K. Importers are looking into getting a 0.177 version{55s?];

http://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/Hatsan.htm

also here`s the e-mail sent to the U.K.importers Edgar brothers;

My Enqiry ;-"Dear Dave ,

I`ve just bought a Mod.60 Gas-ram from Livelines ,Armadale and it`s a cracking rifle,but could you please advise me whether you offer spares for the Gas-ram {or even a servicing option¤¤, once the rifle is out of Warranty?

Also a couple of guys at my club ,wondered if you would be doing a 0.177 version!"

Thanks

Kenny Burns.

Secy.

Juniper.Green. Air.Rifle.Club. ,Edinburgh."

Reply from Dave Tomlinson at Edgar Bros to me ; "KENNY

YES TO SPARES/SERVICING FOR A NOMINAL COST

NOT A THE MOMENT FOR THE 177 BUT LOOKING IN TOO

DAVE"

Take care

Kenny

http://jgarc.org.uk/?page_id=44
    Last edited by kenbu; 07-07-10 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I see that the price of the gas rammed rifle is ₤100 more than the standard model.
    In SA Rands this is ±R1200.
    My price of R1000 per gas ram is very good, even if is have to say it myself.
    Business Address: 27 Jan K Marais Avenue, Malanshof, Randburg
    Postal Address: PO Box 690, Fontainebleau, 2032
    vsd@telkomsa.net ¤ www.m-ze.co.za ¤ 011 791 0629 ¤ 083 997 7718

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mze View Post
    I see that the price of the gas rammed rifle is 100 more than the standard model.
    In SA Rands this is ±R1200.
    My price of R1000 per gas ram is very good, even if is have to say it myself.
    And you guarantee them for life, so backup assured!!

Dale is offline Sharp Shooter
    The Professor
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mze View Post
    To the best of my knowledge Hatsan do not make gas ram versions of any springers.
    I think they are a relatively new product. The gas ram version was reviewed in Gun Mart magazine back in May I believe.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gamo is also starting to offer gas Rams as an option in the Whisper

See the link
    http://www.pyramydair.com/gamo-whisper-review.shtml

The benefit of the gas rams are demonstrated clearly in this article - they dont mention price though

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I think they are a relatively new product. The gas ram version was reviewed in Gun Mart magazine back in May I believe.
    I`d like to see this review,if anybody could please scan it for me.

What I didn`t mention in my review ,was that my rifle doesn`t have any markings on it to indicate that it is a Gas-Ram.There was a different model code on the box it came in (now discarded) and my dealer said that all the Gas-rams are coming with a better grade of Stripy Walnut stock,than the standard springers, but that`s it! ,even close up it just looks like a normal Quattro trigger 60s` with a nicer piece of wood on it.

Take care

Kenny.

P.S. the Walther Falcon Hunter 0.25 (6.35mm) ,which is made in Hatsan`s facility is now being sold as a "Gasser" as well in the USA; http://www.pyramydair.com/p/walther-...ir-rifle.shtml

here`s a review of the springer version; http://www.americanairgunhunter.com/waltherfalcon.html
    Last edited by kenbu; 08-07-10 at 14:01.
    Weihrauch HW35k
    Weirauch HW99s
    Webley Nemesis Pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Correction - Gamo is not offering the gas rams - it is Pyramyd air - thanks to MZE - this is the real situation clarified for us

Feedback Score

Default Nutz....

My Gas-Ram has gone back ,as it`s bedded in at over the legal 12 ft/lbs U.K. Limit!![the guns laws are so screwed up over here ,that a housewife is now doing a 5 year prison term for having a WWII "trophy pistol" in her possession http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/10335003.stm ].

The same law/penalty can be applied if you have an over-power airgun,I hate ing politicians and law-makers!!!!!!!!!

AS for the 60s; It`s an anti-tamper set up and I wasn`t too happy about waiting for a replacement rifle ,whilst mine went back to HATSAN to be looked at.

The only upside ,is that my dealer gave me a new 0.22 Weihrauch HW99s instead; I still want a Hatsan Gam-ram,but I`ll wait a while until they get the glitches worked out

Take care

Kenny

Last edited by kenbu; 13-07-10 at 11:04.
    Weihrauch HW35k
    Weirauch HW99s
    Webley Nemesis Pistol

The Professor
    Feedback Score

Kenny,
    I think the case of that pistol was a little more involved than just being an innocent 'trophy', besides the law is clear on the matter - trophy of war are legitimate for holding on FAC, but if you have one without an FAC you are in posession of a prohibited weapon.

As to 5 years for an OTT airgun - no the 5 year sentence is for a prohibited weapon i.e. subject to Section 5 status, an OTT air rifle would be subject to Section 1 requirements. If it went to court you would be in trouble but not 5 years worth - unless you had been a very naughty boy with said rifle.

Feedback Score

As an over-powered airgun is classed as an "illegal firearm" cos you need an FAC for anything over 12 ft/lbs,you can (depending on the whims of the Judge) still can end up in jail.; http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPeo...me/DG_10027654 if you look at this link .the 5 year rule extends to all gun crime including replicas.Also here is an example of a Farmer who narrowly escaped jail over 2 over-powered rifles; http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/F...gun.6411008.jp

Regards

Kenny
    Last edited by kenbu; 13-07-10 at 14:02.
    Weihrauch HW35k
    Weirauch HW99s
    Webley Nemesis Pistol

The Professor
    Feedback Score

With all due respect Kenny, refer to the act not summarised guidance. You will note in the directgov summary it also says "It’s also now illegal to sell realistic imitation guns, even if they can’t be turned into weapons that fire real ammunition." - without detailing the exemptions for legitimate recognised activities.

Here is the wording of Section 51A:

[F1 51A Minimum sentence for certain offences under s. 5(1) This section applies where—
    (a)an individual is convicted of—
    (i) an offence under section 5(1)(a), (ab), (aba), (ac), (ad), (ae), (af) or (c) of this Act, F2 ...
    (ii) an offence under section 5(1A)(a) of this Act, [F3 or]
    [F4 (iii) an offence under any of the provisions of this Act listed in subsection (1A) in respect of a firearm or ammunitionspecified in section 5(1)(a), (ab), (aba), (ac), (ad), (ae),(af) or (c) or section 5(1A)(a) of this Act, and]
    (b)the offence was committed after the commencement of this section and at a time when he was aged 16 or over.
    [F5 (1A) The provisions are—
    (a)section 16 (possession of firearm with intent to injure);
    (b)section 16A (possession of firearm with intent to cause fear of violence);
    (c)section 17 (use of firearm to resist arrest);
    (d)section 18 (carrying firearm with criminal intent);
    (e)section 19 (carrying a firearm in a public place);
    (f)section 20(1)(trespassing in a building with firearm).]
    (2) The court shall impose an appropriate custodial sentence (or order for detention) for a term of at least the required minimum term (with or without a fine) unless the court is of the opinion that there are exceptional circumstances relating to the offence or to the offender which justify its not doing so.
    (3) Where an offence is found to have been committed over a period of two or more days, or at some time during a period of two or more days, it shall be taken for the purposes of this section to have been committed on the last of those days.
    (4) In this section “appropriate custodial sentence (or order for detention)” means—
    (a)in relation to England and Wales—
    (i) in the case of an offender who is aged 18 or over when convicted, a sentence of imprisonment, and
    (ii) in the case of an offender who is aged under 18 at that time, a sentence of detention under section 91 of the Powers of Criminal Courts (Sentencing) Act 2000;
    (b)in relation to Scotland—
    (i) in the case of an offender who is aged 21 or over when convicted, a sentence of imprisonment,
    (ii) in the case of an offender who is aged under 21 at that time (not being an offender mentioned in sub-paragraph (iii)), a sentence of detention under section 207 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995, and
    (iii) in the case of an offender who is aged under 18 at that time and is subject to a supervision requirement, an order for detention under section 44, or sentence of detention under section 208, of that Act.
    (5) In this section “the required minimum term” means—
    (a)in relation to England and Wales—
    (i) in the case of an offender who was aged 18 or over when he committed the offence, five years, and
    (ii) in the case of an offender who was under 18 at that time, three years, and
    (b)in relation to Scotland—
    (i) in the case of an offender who was aged 21 or over when he committed the offence, five years, and
    (ii) in the case of an offender who was aged under 21 at that time, three years.]

The Professor
    Feedback Score

Here is Section 5(1) and (1A):

Section 5 (1)

(a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger.
    (ab) any self-loading or pump-action rifled gun other than one which is chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges.
    (aba) any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30cm in length or is less than 60cm in length overall, other than an air weapon, a muzzle-loading gun or a firearm designed as signalling apparatus.
    (ac) any self-loading or pump-action smooth bore gun which is not an air weapon or chambered for .22 rim-fire cartridges and either has a barrel less than 24 inches in length or is less than 40 inches in length overall.
    (ad) any smooth bore revolver gun other than one which is chambered for 9mm rim-fire cartridges or a muzzle-loading gun.
    (ae) any rocket launcher, or any mortar, for projecting a stabilised missile, other than a launcher or mortar designed for line throwing or pyrotechnic purposes or as signalling apparatus.
    (af) any air rifle, air gun or air pistol which uses, or is designed or adapted for use with, a self-contained gas cartridge system e.g. Brococks
    (b) any weapon of whatever description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing.
    (c) any cartridge with a bullet so designed to explode on or immediately before impact, any ammunition containing or designed or adapted to contain any such noxious thing as is mentioned in paragraph (b) above and, if capable of being used with a firearm of any description, any grenade, bomb or other like missile, or rocket or shell designed to explode as aforesaid.

Section 5 (1A)

(a) any firearm which is disguised as another object (e.g. walking stick).
    (b) any rocket or ammunition not falling within paragraph (c) of subsection (1) of this section which consists in or incorporates a missile designed to explode on or immediately before impact and is for military use.
    (c) any launcher or other projecting apparatus not falling within paragraph (ae) of that subsection which is designed to be used with any rocket or ammunition falling within paragraph (b) above or with ammunition which would fall within that paragraph but for its being ammunition falling within paragraph (c) of that subsection.
    (d) any ammunition for military use which consists in or incorporates a missile designed so that a substance contained in the missile will ignite on or immediately before impact.
    (e) any ammunition for military use which consists in or incorporates a missile designed, on account of its having a jacket and hard core, to penetrate armour plating, armour screening or body armour.
    (f) any ammunition which incorporates a missile designed or adapted to expand on impact.
    (g) anything which is designed to be projected as a missile from any weapon and is designed to be, or
    has been, incorporated in -
    (1) any ammunition falling within any of the preceding paragraphs; or
    (2) any ammunition which would fall within any of those paragraphs but for its being specified in subsection (1) of this section.