Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daystate MVT's discontinued!

DvdM is offline Sharp Shooter
    ARF Member Of The Year 2011
    Feedback Score

Default Daystate MVT's discontinued!

Daystate has decided to discontinue the MVT electronics on their rifles, that is the built in chrony technology which enables the shooter to choose pellet speed at 1fps increments.

According to the SA Daystate agents all electronically regulated rifles will henceforth only be available in MCT, meaning there are two user adjustable power settings, a high and low but the precision regulation and shot count of the electronic regulator is still maintained.

The values of these can only be altered by using a Daystate programming unit. (Safari & Outdoor, the SA agents have one available). Before we all rush to S&O to have the values altered I'd like to add that the factory settings are optimal settings and not much can be gained by having it changed.

Looking at the decision to drop the MVT technology makes perfect sense from Daystate's side. The FAC laws in Great Britain sees to it that 12fpe rifles are by far the most popular and best sellers. There's not much to be adjusted between 6fpe minimum and 12fpe maximum so the two power settings of MCT is sufficient.

Their FAC market is mainly international meaning us South Africans are among the few nations who have the luxury of freely using FAC rifles.

Now there's a lot to adjust between 6fpe and 24fpe on a .177 rifle, especially with the variety of pellets available in this popular caliber.

So we got word that S&O only had 4 new MVT rifles left, AirWolfs in .177. MK4's in MVT were all gone

Linda is now also an AirWolf MVT convertee, only 3 left at S&O now.

The AirWolf MVT FAC, endangered species:

Last edited by DvdM; 03-10-12 at 22:55.
    The best and most enjoyable airrifle ever built: The rifle your budget realistically allows you to afford right now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Die 2 power settings op Wolf MCT FAC is oorgenoeg en werk perfek soos hulle in die fabriek gestel is., jy het nie meer as dit nogig nie . Wat ek ook hou van die MCT is as jy switch tussen die 2 power settings , is jy onmiddelik op jou spoed. Die MVT moet jy a paar shots skiet voordat die chrony die spoed reg stel. Dalk werk dit vir bench maar nie pc nie. Dis my bevinding. As ek onder a dak skiet is dit LP en buite of verder afstande op HP.
    Last edited by Air Wolf; 04-10-12 at 07:29.
    Air Wolf MCT .20cal (HW Barrel) & Rudolph 4-12x40 T3.
    Click here to Email • +27827882295

Feedback Score

Self op my MK4 met die 16 Power settings gebruik ek net 1 maar die klomp power setting help baie as jy n nuwe loop probeer of n nuwe pellet wil toets.
    Life is tough…It’s even tougher if you're stupid !

Een vrou maar klomp gunne!

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Feedback Score

What Mark say is true , you dont really need more than 2 settings, a high and low.
    I will probably settle down on 2 or at most 3 speeds myself after a while, but at the moment I enjoy playing with the speeds to find what will suit me best.
    Granted it takes 3 shots after each change for the rifle to adjust the speed which is a waste of pellets, but if you think about it, that is it , just 3 shots, no tools or crony or anything needed.

At the moment using 19 gr JSB (.22) I have it set up at 800 fps for "general purpose" , 900 fps for longer range and 700 fps for HFT practice. I have a cheatsheet set up with the 3 sets of mildot aim points.

Now I am thinking of changeing to 650 for HFT practice which is 15 fpe as 700 fps knocks the target over no matter where you hit it.

835 fps for general purpose and 950 fps for long range shooting.

This means starting all over with everything, new cheat sheets etc, but e am enjoying it. And if the new settings dont work for me all I have to do to go back to the previous set is dail it in and fire 3 shots.

It is true the 3 shots may be a hassle for PC , but when I know that is what I am going to do I set it to the required speed and leave it at that.

Feedback Score

Well, all and all, new Daystate shooters can still enjoy the very stable regulation and superb accuracy out the box of the electronic rifles AND choose 2x power settings on the fly.

I LOVE the MVT concept since I'm forever experimenting and would like to start taking the yearly 100m indoor competition seriously.

Linda took the 50m outdoor prize this year with her .177 GP MVT in howling wind and shooting against the best .20 and 5.5's there was, including the 5.5 that won the 100m event!

So at FAC and with some practice the Wolf in MVT .177 might get some place against the large calibers but then I'll have to find the exact pellet/power combination for 100m FAC. So I'll be tweaking power in very small steps

The 3 stabilising shots don't bother me, at R95 per 500 pellets it's not a train smash. I keep an old phone book in the house with the dive cylinder (edit: Bex don't try the Pofadder phone book, might damage the floor) to do 3 shots when getting ready for unexpected PC'ing after power adjustment or filling, and with the shroud it's so quiet nobody knows even in the room next door.
    Last edited by DvdM; 04-10-12 at 19:27.
    The best and most enjoyable airrifle ever built: The rifle your budget realistically allows you to afford right now.

Feedback Score

Die Pofadder telefoonboek is 1 1/2 bladsye , die beesmis vloeree hanteer die pellets egter goed genoeg.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Die Pofadder telefoonboek is 1 1/2 bladsye , die beesmis vloeree hanteer die pellets egter goed genoeg.
    Nothing we do can change the past, but everything we do changes the future.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    Daai MVT's skiet dat dit spat!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DvdM View Post
    I keep an old phone book in the house with the dive cylinder
    Hi DvdM,

what also works pretty well, if you can get your hands on a piece, is conveyor belting. I doubt even the hot 5,5's will go through it and they seem to absorb the pellets. no bits and pieces of paper to clean up.

Earlier tonight i read your fanatastic thread about the Evanix rifles, why/when did you get rid of them?

you've given me some serious food for thought to improve my 2 (4.5 and 5.0)

kind regards

keith

Feedback Score

Keith I guess it was a learning curve and the Evanixes were the beginning of it. I felt that at the price it was worth spending time accurising and regulating them myself.

Those rifles among others made me appreciate the AirWolf so much more, especially for the ease with which power levels can be altered accurately with the flick of a switch

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hi DvdM

Maybe i'll get there in a year or 2, only just starting out with the Evanix's. But i fear i am not as handy as you are, but with the detailed work you posted on the thread, even i just may make some improvements.

Have you tried the conveyor belting idea before? really works well for stopping pellets.

have a great weekend

regards

keith

Feedback Score

Keith, have not tried conveyor belt, NC range use it as backstop and it works nicely, guess one must find the right hardness else you might get a bounce-back at 6fpe. It's not often that I use the phonebook in-house, we have a JohanMk1 pellet trap for outside.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks DvdM

i never considered the 6fpe, that just could RTS! thanks for the heads-up

kt

Feedback Score

I am now the proud owner of a MVT wolf in FAC .20 and after only 2 hours experimenting absolutely love it.

I can't wait to get it setup properly and spending hours tinkering with pellets and different power settings...

Feedback Score

DvdM

Did Daystate say anything about the support after they stop making the MVT's? And I am then also concerned about the parts. I would like to keep my MVT always and I am just wondering what if I want or need to replace the LCD screen etc 2 years from now.

Btw where did they announce this?
    Last edited by Malovent; 13-02-13 at 07:22.