Thread: Good Luck!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Good Luck!

Just to kick it off, good luck with your new forum hope yours gets as popular as the ones here in the UK.
    What is the FT scene like in SA. I know Nick Jenkinson, Kev Jackman and Dale Foster have done promotional tours over there but have not heard anything as yet.

Rod

Rest in Peace Barry 08/2012

User Info Menu

Good luck in your new venture. Now you will have to start doing HFT (Hunter Field Target)

Regards
    Barry
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Jun 02 2004, 11:46PM ]</span>

SerpentWolf's Avatar SerpentWolf

Thanks guys...
    From here on its just finding the SA'cans
    Appreciation to everyone on http://www.airgunforum.net

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Great to see another SA site. Hope all go's well. Nice design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cobus

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Good, the more sites the better. It's up to all of us to make FT work in SA

Rest in Peace Barry 08/2012

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neilg
    Good, the more sites the better. It's up to all of us to make FT work in SA
    What about "HFT"?? ?!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

At the moment we are trying to get FT going first. Hft is kind off incorporated at the moment but not exactly like the UK HFT. All the guys with springers are shooting in what we call the hunters class (modified HFT) and we are trying to get all the youngsters involved. To start with 2 seperate things in the beginning will not be good for the sport. Most of the guys with PCP's often put them to the side and shoot with their trusted springers. I found that after a few practices with my spriger my scores improves when I take the PCP again.
    Cheers
    Lewis

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Looking at HFT, well it took years to "develop" in the UK. I'm not saying that it will take years for us to do the same, but like Lewis said, it will take a while. The sport will need time to develop and to gain REGULAR shooters. As the sport grows we will gain new contacts and hopefully access to some excellent shooting areas. If you want to do HFT it must be realistic, offering it on a Rugby Field will simply not be good enough. The more members a club has the more money that club will have, which ofcourse makes it possible to pay people for their land. At this stage everybody except Pretoria is footing the bills out of their own pockets.
    As for the subject of more clubs, it will only be possible if somebody actually does it, if there are no clubs in your area then consider starting one yourself. There are many people that will help the new clubs with info. Understand that it will take alot of your time and also of your money, you can get your money back as the club gains members, but you will have to invest in it ...

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Jun 09 2004, 12:25PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It is great to see all the new members who have signed on in such a short time. To those who read this forum, spread the message, get new members to sign on. Up to now much wisdom has been shared amongst the like minded and it is commendable to see the level of responsibility that goes into the threads and communication. Well done and keep up the good work. Safe shooting!!