Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Default Webley bites the dust

Looks like Webley really has gone bust...not just a rumour anymore

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92695

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

eeish ......better find a dealer that's got the venom kit i want b4 they run out......

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Venom kits? Alternates?....

Guess you guys know this guy: http://www.airguns.citymax.com/page/page/251327.htm
    He's full of it, but I guess he's gonna take advantage of the situation in the long run.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

ye..I have a Maccari kit in my AA ProSport...better than Venom...but he only does HW now and no longer AA

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hmmm-n-mmmm, he does HW, Diana/RWS. some BAM & Webley...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a hornet kit from Maccari on the way for my HW97K. Should be here any day.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I spoke to Steve Pope on Tuesday and the feeling was of shock and despair.They did not see it coming.In fact he was off sick since last week and Wednesday and was due back the following Tuesday.Terry Evans was standing in for him.They are desperately trying to salvage the situation by looking for a buyer but that's all I can say for the moment as I cannot elaborate further on our discussion as more detailed and private things came to light.Yes,it is sad to see 200 years of gunmaking history reach a conclusion for Webley & Scott.Here we are looking at a company which has been around since the Battle of Trafalgar,the Crimean War,the Anglo Boer War,the First World War,the Second World War and the Vietnam and Both Gulf Wars.A remarkable achievement for any company in my opinion.I can only say that I take my hat off to Steve and his Team for the excellent quality service they have provided to their customers over the years,not to mention their stocks which they prided themselves upon.I am and will always be proud to have owned two rifles from one of the greatest air rifle manufacturers in Britain and the world.
    I thank you all.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I dont think W&S will go under. It may reduce its size, review its opperations and still continue to serve existing customers.