Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Steyr rig?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Default Ultimate Steyr rig?

check this out

one could buy the Steyr HP and with the 4 or 5K saved on the FT version could then have a custom stock built...mmmmm

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...64&uid=4004437

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

:claphead dam that stock is nice :bowdown

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

is their ony one in SA who makes custom stocks?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Very nice up to a point.... then the aluminium starts. What a pitty!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Save 4K? Does that include the cost of the stock?
    If he can afford the scope on top he can afford the FT version.

ice's Avatar ice

Look like a quick fill conversion - that's an area Steyr need to address or at least give an option on!

Beautiful stock, but on the HP, it would look much better in black.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Ice I disagree that Steyr needs to address the issue of the quick-fill cylinder.
    The Steyr cylinders work perfectly....never had a problem with them, and remember that with the quick-fill connector in front you loose the pressure gauge.

Gerrief I think the silver section at the front complements the silver bits of hardware at the rear perfectly.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Dec 13 2005, 09:06AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

look alike a glock stuck in a Dutch wooden shoe. :-)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boondock
    look alike a glock stuck in a Dutch wooden shoe. :-)
    :rofl :rofl

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    I have been in trouble before, about what I am going to say now. I think the "Space Age" rifles are dirt ugly. Since starting to use it in the military I regarded it as a tool to get a bullet/pellet into the target very accurately only and it does that extremely well. I prefer a wooden stock, not laminated, with a normal recoil pad on the end.
    I am very far from being an expert on rifles or firearms, but I see no benefit in having an adjustable butt plate on a FT rifle. I believe it is very unlikely that you will shoot two exact identical shots in your FT shooting career, like with 10m Olympic and B/R, etcetera.
    The quick fill, in my humble opinion, is the best thing that can happen to our rifles. I saw what happens if a spec of dirt gets into the threads or, God forbids, you drop the tank 2mm too soon and the tread get damaged. Although I prefer the EV, I think the Steyr is the best looking of the "Race Guns.? Lastly, I am still to meet the shooter that increased his score by changing to a "Space Gun", all the guys I know is doing as well/bad as with their previous "sporter" rifles. Having said all this, it does not mean that I will not buy one if I can afford it, only because I want it :dunno

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Gerrief a lot of people prefer traditional looking rifles...I personally like both and have a wide selection of all types.

The adjustable buttpad is nice to have...and allows the buttpad to hook under the armpit if so required.
    I find once set up the Steyr buttpad is comfortable from all shooting positions.
    Most buttpads on traditional stocked rifles are too high up and do not allow the comfortable use of high mounts and large objective scopes.
    The quick fill may have some advantages especially for people that are accident prone...I prefer to have the pressure gauge....a quick fill can be retrofitted anyway.
    Ultimately it is up to the marksman and not the rifle...most high end rifles are equally accurate.

Have a look at the new AA MPR in it's FT guise...it may be the rifle for you!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Morning Guido,
    I have looked at the MPR (not the FT version though) It is nice and comfortable, but as I said, I don't think it will do anything to my shooting. I also have the NJR S400 that Nick shot and won the worlds with. When I use it, I don't score any better than with my standard, "chlorinated" S400. Therefore, as YOU say,? it is the driver not the rifle.?

REP: Airgun Warehouse

User Info Menu

Hi all,
    Not quite the right place for this but--- I think the faster we adopt the UK. Rules for HFT.and FT.the better it will be for our sport I get the impression some of us want to reinvent the wheel for what reason I do not know?Following the racegun route indiscriminantly will harm the numbers that want to compete,we need to push HFT.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Dec 14 2005, 01:47PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

if anything, people should be intimidated by the big scopes and not the race guns mounted below :smokin
    personally i can't wait for HFT to start......i will finally have the excuse to get you know what.. :thumbsup

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

...i will finally have the excuse to get you know what.. :thumbsup [/quote]

Whats that Urabus , last place .I thought we said I could have last place When HFT gets going here we are all going to have to learn to range with the eye .What kit could you want to do HFT?Something nice I am sure.