Thread: JSB. heavies.

lampies's Avatar lampies

Default JSB. heavies.

Got a 21J Dominator 5 weeks ago.Tried H+N 10.5 gr.and CP. 10.5 gr.without obtaining proper groupings.The nearest to anything worth while was with 8.5 gr. JSB,s. Adjustment of powerlevel , tampering with stockscrews ,different pressurelevels, nothing brought improvement.Then got 10.2 gr JSB,s.At first 10 out of 40 shots were proper.I then increased the powerlevel to shoot at 850 ft/sec. and avoid any form of lubrication and at last I can say that I am the proud owner of the LG 300,getting 15mm 10 shot groupings at 65yards with ease.I own 3 different makes of competition rifles ,all F.A.C. models,and all perform best with different pellet types.I do believe that every adition of a quality pellet type must be applauded.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

are you planing to shoot FT in the US?

lampies's Avatar lampies

Urabus,
    Not my intention but do like to enjoy what this countries legislation allows me and what the rifle manufacturers provied.I believe that the Afrikaner sindroom as K. Barnard wrote does exists, not as a illness but a cultural fenomenon among the majority of airgun owners in the RSA.It is perhaps time that this people must be incorporated in air rifle avents to broaden the interest in organised airrifling.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

I agree....high power airgunning is way cool!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

yeah. let's start with .25cal at 100ft/lbs.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey Lampies,

that's great :thumbsup
    perhaps one day, there will be a seperate HP event.