Thread: BSA Vs Gamo?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default BSA Vs Gamo?

Hi all

Right i know BSA is more expensive to Gamo guns, would buying a gamo gun be okay? or is it better to save up that extra bit for a bsa gun? Just need some advise, thanks

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wesley, what do you intend to do with it? Hunting, plinking, etc?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Indian mynahs :cursin and targets most likely

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Wesley , there are a lot of places that will sell you a BSA.There is no help when the gun packs up though.They fly them back to the UK for repairs.I have a Gamo, BSA and an Air Arms.I think the best value for money is the Gamo if you are just going to plink and shoot Mynahs.If you want to do FT the Air Arms S400 is best value for money.Problem is there is a lot of other kit you need to buy to support your PCP rifle.(tank , silencer and charging adapter.)The Bam 50 is pretty good value but will need to be set or tuned fot FT.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I just tried to service my BSA Meteor Mk6 and could only find a replacement spring. The agents don't stock the piston head so my attempt was fruitless. The rifle now shoots 6 feet per second less with the new spring. Ordering a new seal and decent spring from the states.
    Gammo is not too bad (BSA is better), but at least you are able to get spares locally.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

The local BSA agents are really bad...they never return calls etc....time for someone else to take on BSA.
    I really like the Lightning XL and the S10 bull barrel version