Thread: DIY shooting gloves

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default DIY shooting gloves

Check 'em out! : http://airrifle.co.za/e107_plugins/k...ge&imageId=964

So, there I was, thinking :thinkerg
    Now most shooting gloves we're exposed 2 in these EC backwaters are things that can keep a polar bear warm and touch sense thru 'em as sharp as a SA soapie actor.
    Then one day, while buying new sandals at a Cape Union Mart, I see these ultra thin 100% polyester "K-Way" gloves...
    Tried 'em out and found that no matter how hard I grip the rifle, she just slips out these gloves - a big :nono
    Searched the www a bit and stumbled on a great idee from some dude: Make a mix of silicone gasket sealent with methylated spirits added bit by bit untill the desired consistency is met. Man, the stuff mixes poorly, but it does eventually.
    Stuffed the gloves with cushion stuffing, painted onto the essntial parts the solution, very thinly and making sure to penetrate the fabric. Let dry. Then paint 2nd coat thickly. Let dry over 24hrs. Afterward it still feels/appears snotty, so buff/brush with a bathroom nail brush, et voila!
    Works like a charm, can even pick up/manouver pellets in the tin :thumbsup impgrin

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

but you are not supposed to feel anything through a good shooting glove.
    It is supposed to be thick in order to isolate vibrations and your heart beat from the rifle.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Now ya tell me, no wonder I'm such a crap shot. I'll give a try, but howdoya handle the pellets then and trying to wangle them into the breech, or does the glove slip off/on easily? What about my head against the cheekpiece? It's always throbbing, especially the day after a few - nudge-nudge-wink-wink, say no more eh...

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

the glove stays on the left hand and supports the rifle.

all the loading is done with the right hand

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why not just try a some cycling gloves?