Thread: HATSAN Mod80

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default HATSAN Mod80

Am quite new to the Air-Gun scene. We have just bought a HATSAN Mod 80 as a "Family" Rifle.
    Any comments out there ? Good or Bad.
    Much appreciated if there are any tips from the "oumanne".

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

andy welcome, i hope you enjoy
    the only comment that i have is go down to the range and shoot there

Sharp Shooter
    Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '08/'10/'11/'13/'15
    WBRAF President '15

User Info Menu

Hi Andy, You got an aririfle now. Next step is to shoot a compitition and if you get hook, you will learn more. Enjoy.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Guys, Many thanks for kind response. Went off to our local Range in Glencairn to do a little "catching up". Took the 2 boys with me. What should have been a quick check around at the Range has just cost me another 2 x Air-Guns. You are so right. One is easily hooked. Am planning a full afternoon at the Range next week Saturday afternoon. We all looking forward to the outing. On another plus, was quite impressed with Safety standards by all Folk on the Range. Nice to see. Will keep you posted.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Hya Andy
    Where is the range in Glencairn and could you tell me a little more about it?
    Max range, when is it open , layout etc.
    I am in Hout Bay and would like to take a turn out there sometime.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi All,
    The Range is run by the FALSE BAY GUN CLUB. It is open to all Shooters on Saturday afternoons from 14H00 to 17H00. At first glance the Range resembles a disorganised mess of clay mounds, within a Quarry, but dont despair, it is quite ordely managed and run. To get there from Hout Bay, go over Chappies into Noordhoek Valley, following the road past the Sun Valley Malls and up over Black Hill into Glencairn. Before the Main Rd is a turn off to the left, before I think, a TOTAL Service Station. Go up this road to a 4 Way Stop, here you turn RIGHT, then first LEFT, then first RIGHT. Follow the road towards the sea and it curls off to the left until you reach a gravel road. This is the Entrance to the Range. Drive in and Park. Happy shooting. Incidently, even as a spectator, bring Ear Muffs and Glasses or you can hire these if need be. Check out the Website www.falsebaygunclub.co.za
    Rgds. Andy