Thread: How to wash camo's

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Default How to wash camo's

Any body know how to wash camo's.I have heard you need to use a pure soap as machine soaps make the camo reflective to game.What is a pure soap and what do you guys think ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wow , I think thats the same stories they told us back in the bush war days . If you washed in certain soaps you would glow in the dark etc etc . I've washed camos in normal machines , & when I go hunting , seem to be just as successful . I reckon its in the stealth , not what you washed in . I think the problem is the perfume , that'll give you away , or your after shave . go au naturale ! preferably stink of kaki bos or the bush lavender !

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I also don't believe all those stories Allan, but pure soap (deoderless) are available at Outdoor Warehouse and Trappers.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i've read somewhere...........some guys even chuck in leaves/twigs..etc into the washing machine.....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus , thats what they say , when they have'nt shaken all the rubbish off before they go home !
    Makes the missus think they really were hunting all day & all night , not pinting away half the night ! ! !

Sonic's Avatar Sonic

I find that it's best not to was them at all because they should blend in to the surrounding smells as much as possible . Just leave them hanging outside for a few hours when you get home to make them dry else they start to stink and nobody will come near you when you wear them !!

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

BO delux if I were to try that Sonic I think it would be the last time anybody wanted to go shooting with me.Had enough ot that sort of thing in the arm.You just dont feel good in dirty cloths.