Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcon FN8 / FN12

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Falcon FN8 / FN12

Hi Guys

I am looking for a lekker small play gun used mainly for plinking and the odd PC at close range around the house.

Does anyone have experience with the Falcon FN8 or FN12 Lighthunters? How many shots can one expect from those small reservoirs. Furthermore what would make more sense .177 or .20 (I think the larger calibers .22 etc are more efficient and you get more shots per fill but is there any real diffs between these two?)

Who sells these beauties? :love

Any other manufacturers out there making something so small?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

there's the BSA Ultra....not the best looking though, plus the issue re service/back-up.....but i guess falcons is in the same boat here in ZA.

also, a little bird has informed me, that .177 TDR will be available some time after march? too late?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

In the UK Falcon now runs under Air-Arms. Don't know if AA South Africa is going to do the same.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I would like to see how many good shots the TDR will give in .177.

Plnker , Hennie at TS had a 2nd hand Falcon for sale.Give him a call.(011)8262191

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i like the "k'ed" version.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

rather go for the S400 carbine...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Guido, care to mention why? :1zhelp

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido, I looked on AA website, the S410 carb with walnut thumbhole stock looks realy nice. Might be the answer....

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

better rifle, better local support, more custom options available down the line, better resale value

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

yeah, the S410K TH is pretty sweet, one thing though, the thumbhole design .....eg. no thumb over nor thumb up.......somehere in between i guess, where the thumb and index finger forms a "V". also, if you've got bear-sized hands.....it might not be very comfortable.

REP: Airgun Warehouse

User Info Menu

The thumbholes have been redesigned to make provision for SA size thumbs!

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Plinker,

I am shooting the FN19 FT rifle and will be buying the FN12 in .20 (single shot .177 in 8shot) for hunting, AA would not have bought out Falcon if they were not a fine rifle. I think its because of Falcons strong market pressence in the USA as AA is not so well represented there. If you are interested, the rifles are locally available and I would be glad to help u, please send a Private message and I will give u the specs.

Cheers
    PS also why not join my old range down the road from you at Northcliffe Country Club?

REP: Airgun Warehouse

User Info Menu

Falcon.

Spoke to Bill Sanders this morning about their involvement with Falcon.

Bringing Falcon into the Air Arms fold has marketing benefits for Air Arms UK.

Air Arms outsells Falcon ten to one in the USA.

Air Arms South Africa has no intention of marketing Falcon as Falcon has an agent in South Africa.

Due to the small market of PCP guns in South Africa it is our view that it is foolish trying to sell and service too many brands in the same price bracket.Eventually one or more of the brands will suffer and then the customer suffers as there will be no long term backup.

If there are any further questions about above please do not hesitate to contact us.

Air Arms SA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

here's pics of the new AA thumbhole stock

[link=hyperlink url]http://www.airgunbuyer.com/ecommerce/large/aarifles600/aas400stdwth600.jpg
    [/link]

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

I stand corrected!