Thread: next "big shoot" in GP?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default next "big shoot" in GP?

hi all,

anyone know if/when there's a big shoot coming up?

now that i'm in durbs, jhb is only a few hrs away..........a few of us's keen on coming up to shoot/learn/interact...and make a weekend out of it......also compare the dbn and jhb teazers.

thanks

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Next big shoot will probably only happen next year. I would recommend going through to the next Wolwehoek shoot, they really have excellent facilities and shooting will include FT, Benchrest and Silhouette. It's about 70km from JHB.
    Stoffeltoo, when can we expect the next big one ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

excellent.........
    stoffeltoo, pls do let me know.
    thanks

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

We have our AGM on 29 January 2005. We planned three FT Leagues (1/quarter)and one FS provincial championships in October 05. I will keep u guys updated. I have heard a birdie's whisper that there is a strong drive to affiliate SAFTAA to SAARA. To me it sounds like a move in the right way:-).
    To the guys in Durbs, I don't know teazers here, need education!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi urabus
    10 lane FT range, high ground, low ground, blue sky, dongas, dead ground, trees, flat terrain, bushes, heaps and the lot. Lots of choice for good range setup. 8 BR lanes and 6 Metallic silhoette lanes. Seems like 10m olympic will also take off in near future. Most important feature is a well stocked bar and camping facilities (by prior arrangement) on club property.

Stoffeltoo
    S200 Bushwakka custom

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

that's pretty impressive, spoken to neilg today......def. will make a turn up next yr...keep up the good work.

SerpentWolf's Avatar SerpentWolf

I should be able to make the next wolwehoek.
    Friend's been at the last one, and I have been pitying myself for a while now... Will have to make a 2 week holiday of it anyway, im in Cape Town. So I'll bring some corrugated plates, and build myself a shack in someone's backyard... :messed:

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Urubus
    I will be visiting Durban early in next year on a business trip. Drop me an e-mail and I'll pop round. Will even attempt to get my rifle there. Practice makes purrrfect. Q- Does altitude have an effect on velocity?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

re velocity vs altitude.........i don't know.
    as i've only shot in cpt and dbn.
    but then i suppose it affects golf and rugby balls, so i guess why not?

def. keep me posted..........maybe come do one of our up-hill shoots....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I was looking into this the other day and yes, att does have an affect on velocity, lower presure, IE jhb vs CT, the pellet will slow down quicker down in CT cause of the higher presure but if using a springer the muzzle velocity will be greater down at the coast due to the amount of air being let into the chamber.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If you build the shack and stay there for longer than 24 hours they will have to get a court order to have you removed !!! Just hide your shack between the bushes, that way you'll have a holiday / FT home ......

Velocity issue, well I'll test point of impact at 25 and 50m this weekend, will be down in PE next week, will test again and give some feedback on the issue. Worries me as this could be a issue for all of us in the future, hopefully effect is very little......
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Dec 10 2004, 02:56PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Tx Neilg
    U're a star! I am really curious to see the result!

Stoffeltoo

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Serpent Wolf/NeilG/Urubus are my friends. Corrugated iron expensive to fly/drive from CT/Durbs. I have caravan, stay on property for shoot. Offer stands
    Ciao