User Info Menu

that should be good for us!!!!!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

????

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Dont know the name .Have we ever seen him at an FT shoot ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wasn't Etienne at Camp 10.9? I'm sure I saw him there. That man is dedicated to our sport and will only broaden our horizons!

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

I'm with you on this one Gerrief!!!!

????

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'm happy for him..

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

At last, somebody that will look after SAFTAA and airgun shooting!!!

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Gerrief/Alan
    Etienne Bekker is currently the Developer/Liaison Officer for SAFTAA

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

hi

to Quote Lewis
    "At last, somebody that will look after SAFTAA and airgun shooting!!!"

i know that i am going to get some stick here but i will voice me oppinion anyway.

what benefit will i receive from goining SAFTAA? besides paying less to enter the comps?

as far as i know the guys that went to the worlds did as the SA Team. they still have not received their SA colours :cursin . SAFTAA is affiliated through the right channels as far as i know so why have they not received their colours?

i know the sport is still young, but the only thing that i can see that has been done was the shoot with the school kids.

what will i get out of joining them? i dont think that i will get to the provincial level never mind the national squad.
    :mblah :mblah :mblah :mblah

please dont all jump on my back.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Everybody has their own reasons for joining SAFTAA

Personally I do think that a SAFTAA member gets
    much more in return than the R12-50 per month that he spends

The ?right channel? as you put it is an important issue
    to be discussed at the coming Delegates meeting

Alternative solution?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Errol
    to Quote Lewis
    "At last, somebody that will look after SAFTAA and airgun shooting!!!"

Your first question
    what benefit will i receive from goining SAFTAA? besides paying less to enter the comps?

A** SAFTAA is currently affiliated to SAARA who is doing its utmost best to get recognition on national level for Field Target shooters. SAARA did award the team SAARA colours while in the process of application for National Colours. afaik they also shot the compo with these colours.

As far as the colours issue status, the request is being revisited pending the AGM outcome....

As far as your other statements concerned, your allegation is unfair and unfounded. Every FT shoot has been published on either the forum or the SAFTAA website. If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail or refer specific questions to the SAFTAA secretary Wyan Schoonwinkel

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

To put it in a nutshell Errol and others- SAFTAA and a few of its members has brought FT to where it is now and we are planning to do a lot more this year. SAFTAA also put in a bid to host the 2007 FT world championships, even if we don't make the team just think of all the knowledge you would gain by watching the guru's in action.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ask not what SAFTAA can do for you, ask what you can do for SAFTAA

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

As in all Democratic societies, the man in the street has no say whatso-ever, so, when they want to take away our right to enjoy our sport we need a larger representation to tell them we want to keep it, SAAFTA is our representative voice and if R12.50 a month (Z) is what it takes then here's mine.
    As far as earning colours to shoot for SA is concerned, I dont think it matters that I dont have a piece of cloth sewn to my jacket,or a little plaque on the wall, I went, I shot, albeit with a touch of Parkinsons, and I enjoyed representing SA even though I'm a Brit. Oh, and guess who organised it all? SAAFTA guys. If we get the Worlds in 2007 it will be them that's doing the leg work so the rest of us can enjoy it.
    Sorry, got carried away again, comes with age.