Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My New Toy.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

The HW100 has a very good self regulating valve system which works at around 90bar.....it is not a regulator in the true sense.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

AA silencer is about R 500 - 600. Am I correct in saying that it's about R 250 for the Woodchuck ?

Ice's S400 Classic used to give me about 80 very consistent shots when filled to about 180bar.
    Ice did you adjust the power on the S400 ? Used to do 800 fps with AA fields...
    Change it back to 800 and you'll get atleast 80 shots.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Neil.

I feel bad because at the moment I am reading as much as I can, but you guys have obviously been in the game for much longer than I.

So here goes the next question...I assume that Woodchuck is a supplier, so how can I get in contact with this person. It is deficult to practice only while planes fly over in order to disguise the noise. And believe me I need lots of practice.

This group has become my daily hangout, I appreciate the help

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

80 shots??? I wish! They told me 80 shots at TS but maybe I?m doing something wrong. The manual said do not fire below the recommended bar pressure which is about 110 bar..(max fill is 200 bar) So I didn't and to this day I can't get more than 50 shots out, max! Although it's identical amounts of shots per fill, 50 is the max.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wolf, I hear you...seems we have something in common with our local airport, sound dampering ,lol
    I do the same but it takes hours to empty 1 fill.
    We need a closer location to practise.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Well, how is this. I live in the Germiston area and travel to Sandton every day. So my range is any were between here and there. Why not get together and I am glad to hook up and take a few hours of practice.

After all if there is two or three at a mine dump it is better than me and my dog as far as security is concerned.

Let me know, I am free for the next few months

:!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sounds good, I'm near Boksburg and so is Avion which is 5 min from you, there is a nice mine dump near Benoni, just off Snake rd, we can go there on the weekend and have some fun? let me know.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Cool, but I am a crash test dummy by proffesion, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

If you can mail me a map and confirm a time to meet you over the next day or two I would really appreciate it.

I think there is a little mail envolope under this post, alternatively drop me a line lee.ridley@za.syspro.com and we can make arrangements. Any one else?

ice's Avatar ice

Hi Neil, the S400's shot count was used for comparision only, i still need to know how it's possible for the hw100 to do more with less air???

ice's Avatar ice

Quote Originally Posted by Refresh
    The manual said do not fire below the recommended bar pressure.
    or what ????

Use crony to determine power curve ie min usable pressure, i'll agree with - never overfill, but min usable pressure is dependant on power setting (hammer, valve relation), application and only you can determine that.

The valve will only do it's work to about 50bar after that you'll hear the remaining air being dumped as the pressure is to low to keep the valve shut. This also prevent a pellet to get stuck in the barrel as a result of low pressure.

Nothing wrong with 50 shots, but i believe you can still get a few more decent shots per fill

Cheers

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Which mine dump near snake road? Not that one they are regurgitating eh? - that's the bugger I fell off of. :<

Will we be okay shooting on Mine Dumps? Don't want the police pitching up and confiscating my rifle. Ooooer.
    ???

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

WolfFlow:

I think the Woodchuck guy is just the manufacturer, so you will have to buy from a shop. Try your local or give TS in Boksburg a ring. They selling like hotcakes from what I gathered on Friday.

hth.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

nope...you can buy directly from him...he posted some bits down to me in CT

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yep, my apologies guido. Only later saw your other post concerning silencers.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

here's something for the hw100.........
    [link=hyperlink url]http://www.airgunbuyer.com/webnews.asp?ID=240
    [/link]
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Dec 15 2004, 08:52AM ]</span>