Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Default Air Arms air pistol!

40 only ever manufactured

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Apparently 44, plus at least one prototype I remember based on a cut down Shamal action. To be honest these were not very usable pistols - incredibly top heavy and cumbersome.

Dale

REP: Airgun Warehouse

User Info Menu

Will possibly have--one new project pistol from Air Arms next shipment.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Oooh ! I'd like one of those ! What speed f/s ? What amount of pellets per charge ? What price ? Can you silence it !

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

easy Gerry....get in line!!

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Why wait get a falcon pistol, they even come with 8shot actions!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Warrick , what does the Falcon look like ? Who has them ? what the financial damage ? What does it shoot like ? What sights ?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Gerry,

This is what a Falcon pistol looks like:

Deadlinkskig_menu/_imagefiles/fn87_resized.jpg[/img]

This is my FN8 that I have worked on to be used (hopefully) for silhouette shooting. The rearsight is currently an HW77 sight, the foresight is from an old Anschutz target rifle.

When I first got the pistol it looked like this:

Deadlinkskig_menu/_imagefiles/fn83_resized.jpg[/img]

As Warrick says these are also available in an 8 shot form and there are also two action lengths available, the 8 inch barrel version (FN8) as above and the FN6. The gun above shows the deluxe grip in the top picture replacing the standard grip as seen in the lower view.

The pistol shoots rather well with velocities in the 560fps area and off a bench I was knocking down field targets out to 45 yards with it.

Dale
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Feb 03 2006, 09:55AM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hello Dale ,

Man ! it looks nice , I like the custom grip . I also like the silencer .
    Are they here in SA ? What do they cost ? Whats the accuracy like , say to max 20/25 metres ?

I reckon that a real nice to have , gotta have ! !

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

The Walther LPM-1 that I had a while ago could group regularly
    within 10mm c-c at 20m at 500fps with JSBs...never tried it beyond that but I am sure that 1\2" at 40yds is attainable.

It is more difficult to shoot pistols off the bench accurately compared to a rifle but off a factory test bench in a vice these pistols will group like rifles.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I dont want a rifle , what I'd like is a portable indian myna despatch tool . So 20m with 10mm groups is more than enough.
    Trouble is with these pesky blighters , they have xray eyes & know when I've got the CZ behind the bakkie seat .
    The CP 99 sights are'nt good enough for that sort of accuracy .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So why dontcha get a decent HW45 pistol in either 0.177 or 0.20 cal. if you wanna shoot mynahs? It'll do it well without the price of these PCP pistols...
    IMHO, that's what I would get: H45 in 0.20. Anybody know who I should contact? I'm still thinking of what I should do with my hard earned bonus from December... hahahahaha!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I suppose its my own ignorance about what pellet pistols are out there . All my profound worldly knowledge comes from the odd cup of coffee at the gun shop & an occaisional peruse of this web site , so I am in awe of all of your expertise on these matters .

So , being an old fart of the plus 50 generation , I am not too proud to try & learn from you young uns .

Teach me about the various air pistols , the plusses & minuses & whats availaible & whats the costs etc .

Ta .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wow , after over a year of this wonderful site , I've just noticed I'm a 4 star member !

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Gerry,
    so if you're not intending to go pro target shooting in the end, you want something to take out most small vermin humanely (450+fps), you maybe want to scope/red dot sight it, you maybe want to take it places where you would not want to lugg around a scuba tank + filling adaptor in order to "reload" a PCP when you want to do like half a tin of pellets worth of shooting, then your only option in non-pcp pistol is: spring piston.

In the springer class my personal choices would be:
    Weihrauch HW45 - Pros: powerfull, durable, reliable, 2 power settings; Cons: heavy and strong recoil to get used to, bloody damn expensive!
    Webley Tempest or Hurricane - Pros: powerfull, durable, reliable and better on recoil than the HW45 as well as far cheaper as well; Cons: don't know?
    Cometa Indian - based on the Webley Tempest; Pros: cheap, powerfull; Cons: reliability?
    RWS Diana P5 - Pros: powerfull, not too expensive; Cons: quite exclusive, can't fit a scope!

Otherwise, if you're willing to put up with filling a pcp then I guess the other people on this forum would be better to ask.