Thread: CZ200S shooting all over the place

kellya's Avatar kellya

Default CZ200S shooting all over the place

Help!
    My sons cz has suddenly gone from a 10mm grouping at 25m to something that resembles Jaque Kallis's run wheel after a good innings.
    Point of aim has been checked on the scope by removing it and placing it on my Falcon and it is not the scope. We have tried changing from the ultratec's that he was previously using and the same happens with Air arms as well as accupell.
    All shots have been taken from a stand, so we cant blame it on the moegoe behind the trigger.
    After removing the silencer, the grouping is slightly better, but not back to what it was.
    The gun has had about 3000 pellets put through it, and the hand book states that to maintain accuracy, the barrel needs to be cleaned regularly. Prevailing sentiment out there is to leave the barrel alone and not clean it.
    If anyone has advise on what else can be done, it would be really appreciated. :bowdown
    €€€

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

I would suggest giving the barrel a clean at this point and see if that helps.

Generally I would suggest not cleaning an airgun barrel until you see a decline in accuracy.

Also try putting the rifle over a chrono and see if you are getting any wild velocity variations.

Dale
    €€€

CZ's Avatar CZ

Hozit
    my cz200s has got NO problems since i got it and at 15mtrs i shoot 3-4 pellets in the same hole without making a mark on the previos hole
    €€€

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The following symptoms were also seen on my CZ which was sorted out. The bolt would flip up annoyingly with every shot. Fixed it by retuning the locking rolling pin and installed a brass bolt.
    The bolt pin "o" ring was perished, replace the ring. The cylinder O ring was perished, replaced o ring. Other causes may be peening of the cylinder valve plunger due to dry firing. Other causes may be that the port has some obstruction in it. Use benzene to cleane port and barrel after removing it from the action by undoing the two grubscrews. (most probably the greatest cause of inconsistancy. If all else fails return it to your dealer for a service.
    €€€

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If the problem is not resolved, have a gunsmith check the striking pin mainspring.
    €€€

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

you really need to put it over a chrono before anything else and check velocity and consistency....from there one could advise further...
    €€€

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Louis keeps all the school 200T's accurate--has spares --knowhow--
    011-9004477.
    €€€

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I have noticed that the 200's need a bit of love(at least some of them€€.Let a pro have a look at the weapon.Courtny will have to go without his baby for a few days.
    €€€

kellya's Avatar kellya

Thanx for all your advise guys. Funny thing is, when going to dismantle the gun to check the sears, i noticed that the bolt on the right hand side of the stock, at the top of the pistol grip and just ahead of the cocking lever was only finger tight, as well as the retaining bolt on the underside of the pistol grip. When applying pressure to the back end of the stock, there was an appreciable amount of movement at the fore end of the stock. We gave the barrel a thorough cleaning and bolted every thing back together, ensuring that both the retaining bolts were nice and snug, and hey presto ! the grouping was back to it,s former consistency. Thanx again for all the advise.
    €€€