Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weihrauch HW100

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Weihrauch HW100

My "new" Weirauch packed up on Saturday!!!. I shot two shots with it and it would not index any longer and it was blowing air out of the barrel, as well. When I tried to take the magazine out it would not come out, as the firing pin does not retract properly. This problem started when I shot with it at Jason's range about a week or so before. The problem went away by itself, until Saturday. I phoned the importers and took the piece of crap to them for repairs. They confirmed to me that it is a inferior product and that FX is a better proposition. (Can you imagine?) I left it with them anyhow. They replaced so many actions in the past they can't afford to do it any longer.This morning I was told that they are waiting for specs from Germany and the guys are at the ?Shot Show? and would only be available around the 16th.
    Thank goodness, I have an Air Arms rifle to shoot with. I have never taken my rifles to Air Arms in Alberton or to Hennie in Boksburg and waited for longer than 20 minutes to have it back. In both the cases, it was only a screw that worked itself loose. I had my NJR serviced, which took a bit longer. (Not three weeks though, closer to an hour and a half and that included test bench shooting around 50 pellets or more, for groupings and to crony it) It never cost me a cent either.
    I would like to offer my condolences to the people, like me, that paid more than R8500-00 for their rifles. I think it is crimenal to charge that type of money, then not have a backup or proper repair service if you know you are selling sh!t and on top of that still shoot your own product down. (No pun intended). The whole world does not turn around the accuracy of the rifle. All PCP rifles are accurate to within relatively very small margins. What you pay for is the whole package, which includes, amongst a number of other things, after sales service. The way I feel now I will not even chuck the crap in the swimming pool because I think it will turn the water green instantly. Marguitte will upgrade to a S400 and that is the end of it or she can keep what ever she brings home, in the toolshed, but not inside my house.End of the picture. :thumbsdown

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

:twak
    eish Gerrief, that su...ks
    unfortunitly that is the biggest problem with us South Africans, we moan about service all day and only a few give it, it will be those guys that i support. :thumbsup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

eeish, that's not cool.........i hope you get it sorted out soon.

i too, went to the same importer/dealer for a look see when i was in the market for for a hunting rig........let's just say i was not convinced (non product related) and hence placed an order for another S4X0 the very next working day

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

GerrieF I know what that feels like.Hope they sort you out soon.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Now that makes me wonder about the diffs in Weihrauch quality between springers and PCP's, heh?
    So far I've heard NO bad news on their springers... touch wood, 'cause I'd hate my HW90 to give probs. And now I'm thinking twice about that "to-me-from-me" xmas pressie end of year in shape of HW45.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i'm guessing it's just a bad batch of HW100's?........it's a pity the local support is not on par with the quality of the product itself.......in fact i had a good lock at an HW100, dare i say the blueing/finish...etc is of higher quality than AA.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I was P***sed off yesterday to put it mildly. I honestly don't think the product and especially their springers are bad. Quite the contrary, I think they are great but the after sales service SUCKS. Weirauch should be looking at a more dedicated distributor locally. I would suggest one that doesn?t take your money first and then shoot down the product he sold to you at about 70% profit. It is criminal. VIVA AIR ARMS, VIVA!! :jester

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I sent a enquiry to the mother country and they were not willing to deal with me.(Pitty)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Same happened to me. Typical from guys from that mother country. He he. Could not help myself.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

don't even bother with those guys too.....i think they order once every year or so............

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Fucius, no problems with the Weihrauch spring guns, they have been making them for years and are some of the best going.

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

:claphead
    on the service issue. i have just come back from AA, i got there as Louis was packing up to go home. he stopped to help me and fixed my problem without charge.

NOW THIS IS SERVICE.
    :claphead :rocker :thumbsup

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My point exactly VIVA AIR ARMS< VIVA!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I also have had just good service from Louis (AA)

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

I love it, louis must be smiling when he reads this, but what can we say, THE SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING!!!

not just that, their products are winners ...

What you say importer? you think you doing a good job out there or what?