Thread: ScopeMaster mounts (BSA)

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default ScopeMaster mounts (BSA)

OK, so anyone got some of these scope mounts?
    Or can comment on what they're like besides being made of aluminium alloy?

I only know the heavy hard things called Thor which I have on my HW90.

BTW, are all makes of "high" mounts the same height?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

iirc they are the same as B-squares. got them on the B51 no problems. the wrap around is something different....

i think b^2, sportsmatch, promounts, accushot, hawke mounts are all about the same height(?), thor highs are between sportsmatch highs and mediums...and bkl do their own thing.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

I believe these are made by B-Square for BSA. Pretty good quality mounts.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

urabus&dale,
    yup, they are b^2. Thx 4 the info about the heights.
    They say some of these b^2/BSA mounts have integrated scope stops. Is this true? How's that work?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

a grub/locking scrw that can go into the holes that some springers have on the rails. to prevent creep.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hawk Match mounts has the integrated stop. As urabus said they have a grub screw that goes into the hole. Works well on CF-30.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've got the B^2's on my CFX and it works great. And yes, there is a grub screw that you need to screw into the hole on the rail of the gun.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

OK, so someone (not on this forum) gave me feedback as follows:
    Fitted the BSA ScopeMaster (made by B^2) 2-piece mounts to a Gamo Realtree and fastened the rings/mounts afa possible. Front mount still shifted backward after a few shots. He then tightened the bastard to the point where the allen-bolt head started stripping - still moved. Then tried to tighten further and stripped the thread - now has difficulty to remove the darn mount from the rifle.
    Me thinks: yes, these aluminium mounts are good maybe on PCP's, but not on motherf$%#*er springers tho...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

if i'm not mistaken, all the mounts i've mentioned are made of alu bar thor eng.

for obvious reasons.......1 piece is preferred on springers, but in most cases 2 pce should work just fine.......

degrease the clamping area/rail thoroughly......use arrestor stops/holes/riser blocks...etc also sometimes, depending on the make of mounts and width of scope rail......one needs to turn the clamps up side down to get parallel spacing (i assume this will give better distribution/correct geometry of clamping force).