Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gamo CFX / CFX Royal Owners

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Gamo CFX / CFX Royal Owners

Do you own one of these?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a 1000 Shadow which I use as a cricket bat though. Does that count?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

so the poll shows that there are more people that do not own the CFX compared to people that do....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes Guido,8 out of 227 members voted. We are happy if 20 members arrive to shoot at any venue. Where are the rest. It would be interesting to see stats of how many members live where and how many attend shoots in their visinity, if not why not so we can do something about it. That worries me.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

Skotepetoors you have Private mail

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The only Air Rifle i own is a CFX .... nice entry level Rifle. I found it to be good value for money and i dont shoot competitivly so dont need top of the range Kit. I tend to spend more on my other weapons. I will however look at a PCP in the future and who knows where it will lead me. I have stayed away from trying a PCP ..... i know it will mean trouble and cost me a bunch..... LOL!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why didn't you include a CF-30?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

BaldMummy,
    Why did you choose the CFX. Was it because of the power out put?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swannie, include the CF-30 as well. I am curious to see how many people have fixed barrel springers, in the lower price category rifles.

Do you know what the difference between the CF-30 and the CFX is besides the claimed 50 ftps?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

SkotePretoors,

From what i read, the CFX has somehow a way you load the pellet directly to the barrel which the CF-30 doesn't have. I've got to use a block that pops up and load and press down, which I often forget: sort of dry fire. Appart from that, nothing. They use the same spring etc. Wish we could compare over a crono as to the 50 fps diffs.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What gets to me the most is the "Farking" trigger. If I can get that as smooth as a baby's bum, I will have a great CF-30

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

OK Ppl, count another Yes and delete one No

REP: Airgun Warehouse

User Info Menu

Hallo Swannie,

We have conducted tests on Gamos.

We built a special recoilling bench to clamp the barrel action in.

The best cheaper guns would group 10 shots within 15mm at 10 metres--some.

The expensive ones within 6mm.

Gamos are classified as cheaper guns.

TX 200's and HW's are expensive guns.

Gamo's were the best of the cheaper guns.

The bench is available if you want to satisfy your curiosity.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrief,

the MV had a little to do with my decision, but i mostly liked the way it felt ... and the fact that it is a fixed barrel (personal preferance... based on rigidity)

The MV factor was more about flatter trajectory that killing power.. as i mostly plink and not hunt.

And the main reason was the realy cool NON functional muzzle brake .. lol... :toothless

It makes less noise than the 30-06 or SHOTGun when shooting the cats that steal my KOI around the house ...(joking)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swannie, Importer, I would like to join if you guys are doing comparitive tests. I'll bring my CFX along. It would be quite interesting. Maybe we could also do a chrony?

About the trigger - I oiled it and it became much better. I am actually certain it would even be better with a slight bit of grease. Trigger action is also rough for me.