Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gunshops in the Northern Suburbs

REP: The Airgun Shop

User Info Menu

Default Gunshops in the Northern Suburbs

I'm looking for a new rifle (it will be cheap ass springer more than likely) and would like to have a look at some different models.
    Do you guys know about any gunshops in the Northern suburbs, where I will be able to see anything else than Gamo Shadow's.

The reason I say Northern Suburbs, is because I want to pop in there after work.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How much do you want to spend? This will depend on where we send you to.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Northern suburbs in Cape Town?

User Info Menu

Don't wanna spend more than R2000. I know it's not much to work with, but that is unfortunately all I can do.

Guido, I work at Century City, so I'm looking for something that will be on my way to Kuilsriver

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

You could always contact Andre Visser of Bargain Air Rifles in Parow.
    Give him a phone call, he works from his house so surely will be able to make a plan for you to come see all his stuff after hours.

He has the biggest collection of air rifles in Cape Town that I know off.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

yeah.. i also recommend andre

casper's Avatar casper

Guido,
    Cape Town IS bigger than the Republic of Hout Bay.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by casper
    Guido,
    Cape Town IS bigger than the Republic of Hout Bay.
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

A typical hout (have you ever heard them pronounce it? "Howt", like it's some english baron's estate) bay person has no clue about the size of Cape Town. Hell, most of them haven't even got their passports yet (you know, the one to exit Hout Bay). Then mention Jo'burg, and you seriously put their noses out of joint....

:-)

No offense Guido...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Most Capetonians (?) don't even know that the Voortrekkers left Cape Town some time ago(150 years or more) and started small little towns like Pretoria, Johannesburg etc. etc. I didn't know they also have a "Northern Suburbs" over there, unless they think the above towns and beyond are the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. :;pat :naughty

casper's Avatar casper

Gerrie you are giving your age away if you remember the Voortrekkers. I had a look on a recent map of South Africa but failed to find Pretoria. Did the Voortrekkers move again?
    :rolling

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

u know where voortrekkers come from dont you? we capetonians kicked all the ugly, stupid people out of the province.. they headed north to whats now called Gauteng.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys... will give Andre a call.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

you can also give Ronden a call (021-7033050), they are in the southern suburbs........i reckon in that price range, you might be able to pick up a solid beesa or diana....etc

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Casper/Stephen,
    Thanks guys. Now I also know why Cape Town "Drags" behind. AFA the maps are concerned...by the looks of things the maps left in Cape Town are the ones Uncle Jan used when he arrived there. It will not show modern cities in Gauteng, only the way out of Holland to Cape Town. See if some shop there maybe has a map dated post 1700. You will notice a wide highway having three lanes to Gauteng and only one into the Cape so that the trickle in and the flood out can be handled safely.