Thread: PCP fill adpators - Help please

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default PCP fill adpators - Help please

Hi,

I want to buy a scuba bottle to fill my B51, would a pneumatic or hydraulic supplier be able to make one up with standard parts?

I need to tell them what each bit is to get prices, what are the correct technical names for: -

The quick connector that attaches to the gun?
    The type and size of hose?
    The thread size on the bottle end?
    Also, how long should the hose be for use with scuba filling?
    Is the same quick connect coupling used on different makes of guns? (ie will another make fit my BAM?)

cheers
    Martin

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

send warick a pm he sold me one when i bought my b51 from him.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

depending on the bottle ie 232/300 bar......and u get din and a-clamp? fittings on the bottle. obviously the hose needs to be high pressure rated, thinner the better i suppose, less wastage. you also need some sort of a bleed valve built in.....plus gauge.......it might be cheaper by getting the gauge/hose combo from ramrod?

bam and daystate use the same qc/filling adaptor.......if you have rifles with different adaptors.......it might be an good idea to have qc's fitted to the end of hose and eash filling adaptor. see pics.

iirc, most of the filling adaptors have 1/8" bsp threads.

[img][url]http://airrifle.co.za/e107_plugins/kig_menu/_imagefiles/qc1.jpg[/img]

[img][url]http://airrifle.co.za/e107_plugins/kig_menu/_imagefiles/qc2.jpg[/img]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I just got back from making some enquiries, I took the adaptor from my BAM hight pressure pump as a sample and it seems that the BAM stuff is all metric.

This shouldn't matter though if there is a BSP thread on the bottle end and a QC on the gun end.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

on my set up....originally the end of hose had female 1/4" unf, and the only convertor i could get hold off was 1/4" unf to 1/8" unf, and the adaptors were 1/8" bsp. took it to the local engineering place 3min/R30 later it was cut to 1/8"bsp.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I bought a refill adaptor for a paintball gun which cost R390.00 and had a piece of hose fitted for an additional R100.00 works perfectly. Only thing I might change in the future would be the gauge, as it's a bit small, and the measurements between 180-190-200 are small. Not sure how much you want to spend though.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Sat Feb 25 2006, 02:19PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

huffnpuff,
    please let me know when you got everything sorted out. I hate the pumping. Would the air bottles that the resque teams(fire fighting) use be ok?

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Huffnpuff, I can make you some if you like? If for resale PM or email me and I will give you a price.
    Brandon, please be carefull, most paint ball fill stations are for Co2, normal working pressure 900psi (62bar), the hoses and couplers may not be upto 200/ 232bar 3000 to 3364psi!!!!
    If anyone needs a dive tank new alu from R1450 for 10L.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '08/'10/'11/'13/'15
    WBRAF President '15

User Info Menu

Swannie wrote:"Would the air bottles that the resque teams(fire fighting) use be ok?"

Yes I am using one and it works fine got it for R400 secondhand

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

So where can we get these fireman breathing thingys second hand?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I heard of one to be had here in Volkies, maybe for about R50 hehe, but will have to wait and see. I don't know to what pressure they can be filled.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea Benchrest (Air) Team '08/'10/'11/'13/'15
    WBRAF President '15

User Info Menu

I did get my for the local scuba club sorry out of stock. It can be filled to 300 bar.

Darkness's Avatar Darkness

There is a company called MSA in Johannesburg that sell 300 bar cyliners for +/- R1 300 including a certificate

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Darkness could you maybe give more details? The company phone number and maybe what sizes are available if possible.