Thread: Help from the PRO's

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Help from the PRO's

Having just got a B51, and being quite happy with it's performance after finding out that it does'nt like to be over filled, i was wondeing what it could be that i'm doing wrong. On both shoots which i hoped would attach, i'm losing the 3rd shot. This is at 30 meters from a bench. I have sighted slightly above for hunting purposes, but why on the 3rd shot both times. Am i doing something wrong? If the admin guys accept the pics, i'll hopefully be able to attach the url to both pics.

deadlink/kig_menu/_imagefiles/img_0001.jpg

deadlink/kig_menu/_imagefiles/img_0002.jpg

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Brandon have you put your gun over a chrono.I dont quite understand your problem, but what it may be is shot to shot power variation.Do you know your sweetspot ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Allan

Put it over a Chrony on Friday, and was firing a Baracuda Match at 1130fps. I've added links to the two shoots of 5 shots each, and the 3rd is the problem one.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Could it not be wind,you or pellet incosistancy.Have you tried pellet lube.Did you check all the shots on the chrono?A fluctuation in fps will show you there is something in the gun with a problem.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

1130fps is faster than speed of sound.... too fast for airgun...

for good accuracy u need bring the speed down or use heaver pellet...

try JSB or AA field pellet first...

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

At that velocity a match pellet is unstable, it hits the sound barrier and tumbles. The only pellet I have found thet groups supersonic is the predator polymer tip. Stick to AA fiels type pellets of the heavies, H&N magnums, TS10 and crosman heavies.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Barrels overheating....expands and slows your 3rd slug down...He! He!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've got some Predators, so i'll give them a bash, and let you know. Being in Port Elizabeth, I suppose i could blame the wind, but that does'nt help my grouping..."Sigh"

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hey Brandon,

That Baracuda was 952.4 if I remember right... think that supersonic shot was one of those wee little Skenco 5.2 grain jobbies (hellavu noise :crazy )...

BTW, went to the same spot as Friday today and found where all the buggers hide 8)

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Drop your speed/velocity, accuracy is far more important than high velocity. Try a varity of pellets to see which brand and size will work for your rifle.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Thermic. I could'nt remember which of the pellets travelled over 1000fps, but there were a few of them. I think we need to arrange a Rodent control occassion soon. :naughty Let me know when you have a chance....

colsen's Avatar colsen

Are you using a silencer? I found that on my BAM 51 if I use a silencer my groups go haywire. I just use the muzzle break that come with the rifle and am very happy with the results.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Set the speed down to around 800Ft/sec.if you realy want targer shooting accuracy.