Thread: General Info Required

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default General Info Required

Can anybody give me advice on what airrifle is a great beginners rifle I had a few shots with a BAM 51 and it's such a great rifle to use for what I'm looking for but I'm not so sure I'll be doing alot of shooting please help :1zhelp :crazy :bowdown :bowdown

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It all depends on what you want to use the rifle for, what you like and dislike and finally your budget. Best is to go to a club shoot in your area and see what is available on the market. Many guys on here will tell you that they wish they did this before buying.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

As Lewis said, it all depends, especially on how much you are prepared to pay and what you are planning to do with the rifle, shoot Minahs around the house, Field Target shooting, etc.

I got my BAM 51 a couple weeks ago and it?s my 1st PCP, I?ve a few Gamo and Norica springers, but there is really no comparison, since the PCP?s are absolute beauties when it comes to accuracy.

The high priced PCP?s goes for R20k, where you could buy a BAM for less than R2k and a lot of people would advice you to rather buy a 2nd hand well known brand such as an AA 400 instead.

Stick around for awhile

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Look I'm gonna do alot of shooting and want a stable rifle I really dont want for it to brake,,,I'm only gonna use it for hunting down Rabbits,Rats and Doves,,,I was thinking of a sringer but springers broke so easily what should I rather buy

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

As far as reliability is concerned Airrifles are like cars, if you dont check the fuel and oil it wont last long. At the end of the day you get what you pay for. I'm not saying all cheap rifles is cr@p, they might just require some work to make them shoot properly. I have a B3 rifle (cost R167.00) that now shoots on par with some big brand springers, BUT it took a lot of work and new parts to get it there.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I just want to make sure what rifles are good cause some poeple don't know a thing about airifles,,,not saying I dont but It's like a new Hobby for me But Thanks anyway!!!!!

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

Bam, if you are going to shoot aften then i would sudjest an AA 400 or 410 even if second hand as the backup support from Louis and mike are the best in SA over any other brand.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for your help Errol I'll go and have a look at that rifle,,,thanks again man