Thread: CZ200S Cylinder leaking?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default CZ200S Cylinder leaking?

I have noticed this weekend that on filling my cylinder, there is a "leak" coming from the small hole in the brass cap on the guage end of the cylinder. It starts at anything over 100 Bar. It continues to leak almost like a slow puncture, with the guage slowly losing pressure until it reaches about 70 Bar.I would think that this is an overpressure relief mechanism that is now faulty.

Has anyone come accross this problem before? Maybe its just a seal that needs replacing?

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

Vatanen as far as i know there isnt an over pressure release valve on my fill addapter. the only thing that i sudjest is check the connections if you cant find anything take it to jason at guthries or hennie at target specialits one of them should be able to help?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

On Sunday morning before leaving for the airport I dumped all the air in my rifle. Upon refilling in Durbs I discovered that my rifle sprung a leak at the filling nipple (old AA QR system) Spyker luckily had a set of spanners in his car and I attacked this lot by loosening and tightening the nipple again. I stopped leaking. I don't know for how long but I managed to shoot the whole course of 40 shots and still have enough air left to do a second round from 160bar initially. Maybe it worked for good.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just to clarify - this is the cylinder without the quick-fill adapter system. It has the fill-pressure guage instead. The leak actually comes from a little hole in the side of the brass cap about 1cm from the end of the cylider. If I push into it with a small allan key the needle on the guage swings downwards. I would guess that this is an opening to compensate for atmospheric pressure on the guage reading ie guage pressure vs absolute pressure.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Vatanen,
    I too have a CZ200S that developed the same problem over the weekend, will be interested to know what the cause is.

Regards
    Rob

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Take it to your local dealer and have it sorted quickly. It can just be dust, but I wont play with a 180+ bar time bomb!!

Darkness's Avatar Darkness

I also own a CZ200S. One of the guys at the club recently warned me to be carefull when refilling the cylinder.As I understand it(I am an accountant) there is an o-ring between the gauge and the cylinder.Every time you refill the cylinder it becomes hot. If it becomes to hot to often this seal could become hard and perish giving you the problem you currently experience. How hot to hot is, that I don't know. Best get it to the proffessionals to sort this out.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon Mar 06 2006, 02:48PM ]</span>

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I do not agree with the statement that you potentially have a "time bomb" on your hands if the gauge end is still undamaged. The way I see it, worst case scenario, is that the seal between the gauge and cylinder will deteriorate to the point where the cylinder will not keep any pressure and will let all the air out. Unless you dropped the cylinder and severely damaged the gauge end, everything should still be safe at least. Take the cylinder to an Air Arms or CZ dealer to check out. At the risk of stating the obvious, should you decide to check the seal yourself, you MUST remove ALL air from the cylinder using the emptying adapter you got with the gun. Failing to do this will probably get a heavy brass gauge flying at a high rate of knots, if you manage to unscrew the gauge end under pressure. I suspect the part to change is Part Number 31 which is a 21mm dia. x 2mm O-ring. As a final note: If the gauge has obvious damage e.g. after dropping the cylinder, it should be treated as dangerous. I know of one case where a damaged gauge with clear front cover missing, ejected from the brass portion during refilling. Wasn't there but apperently it did not just pop out and fell on the ground where it was refilled

CZ's Avatar CZ

On my cz200s the problem is sometimes the screw on the side of the filling adaptor needs to be closed very tightly and do not over tighten the tube on the adaptor as i damaged my cyclinder o-ring and i needed to replace it ... so my adaptor is screwd on with a shifting spanner and i have never dameged the adaptor o-ring, but i do find that if the side knob on the adaptor is not closed properly and i fill the air it starts leaking at about 150 bar

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have tried to bleed out all the air, but cannot unscrew the guage end no matter how hard I try. Short of having the special tool required to do so, and the lack of materials to make one, I am kindof stuck at the moment. Its a pity cos I have the particular o-ring size. Have any of you ever managed to unscew the guage end, and how?

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

vatanen can you post some pics thenwe might understand better????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Errol, sorry man - don't have a digital cam.

What I meant above was that I have fully emptied the cylinder using the supplied tool, but am not able to unscrew the end-cap anyway. Check mitchejc's post above

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have you spoken to Louis at AA or to Hennie at TS. Both of them will definitely be able to help or give advice

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Louis was kind enough to PM me - he will be happy to sort the problem out for me - problem is - I don't know when I will be able to get up to that side of the world, so was hoping I might get by myself. Louis in fact was my very first response - again, excellent service from the boys in the trade :claphead