Thread: Gamo Shooting way low?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Gamo Shooting way low?

:1zhelp I have a new Gamo Hunter 440 but it shoots extremely low. Even if i adjust my scope to extremes it is still not able to hit a 20x30 cm target at 10m. Any suggestions?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi There,

i had the same problem with mine! lol! *shutup all of u!* :rofl

Do you have a scope on yours? Cause i couldnt hit a A4 piece of paper until Spyker set up my scope correctly... im a newbie :screwy hehe...

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

You may need to shim your scope on the back scope mount.20x30 cm target at 10m is a big miss.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Allan is right, what usually happens with springers is that they suffer from what is called barrel droop. the barrel is pointing down in relation with the piston of the rifle, some companies like Diana purposefully make their guns like that but for what reason i dont know. You can do a goolge search on 'barrel droop' to get more info and how to correct it. You can either do as allan said or get adjustable mounts. I also have a Gamo 440 with lynx mounts and a tasco scope but never had this problem. Good Luck

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Since the day I bought it my Gamo 1000 Shadow("Cricket Bat&quot shoots way to the left and low when I use open sights. I must turn it so far to the right that only half of the green dot is visible and as far up as it can go at around 25m. Some guys hunt with them but I think they are just lucky to hit something with it. I had a scope on it but the cross hairs broke and NS changed it for something resembeling a scope which I haven't tried to yet. I'm too ashamed to offer it rifle and or scope, for sale. I'll never be able to look the poor guy in the eye again.
    At last the Weirauch is operational again and doing extremely well, due to TS efforts, not the distributor's.

TAZZ's Avatar TAZZ

HI fvangreune

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY
    GAMMO CFX ROYAL. TRY THE FOLLOWING: REMOVE THE SCOPE AND
    PLACE A THIN SPACER (MAX 2MM THICK EG. A STRIP OF PHOTO NEGATIVE) ON THE BACK MOUNT UNDER THE SCOPE. THIS WILL LIFT THE BACK OF THE SCOPE AND THE AIR RIFLE WILL SHOOT HIGHER, ADD ONE OR TWO MORE SRTIPS THREE STRIPS SHOULD BE ENOUGH. JUST BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN THE BACK MOUNT AS YOU CAN DAMAGE YOU SCOPE.
    IT WORKED FOR ME. MAY BE IT WOULD SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM ASWELL.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Rather shim at the Mount/Rifle contact point. Too much shim under the scpope may crush the tube. I know this might be a silly question but are you sure its shooting low? Hang another piece of paper underneath the target, that will give you an idea of how much you need to put in.