Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Noordwes Fun Shoot 11 March 2006

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Noordwes Fun Shoot 11 March 2006

Now hear(read) this!
    I have been updating the 'Noordwes Fun Shoot 14 January 2006' thread a few times the last 7 days regarding the 11 March shoot but it clearly did not have the desired effect, as I've come to realise that not everybody reads updated threads and those who do does not seem to comprehend my limited Dutchie effort of Anglo communication. &|
    So here goes:
    Yes,the shoot is on for sure!, as per the SAFTAA calender. Only a third world war,natural disaster of note,sickness and death or other acts of God will change our plans on that.
    Entry fees: R30
    Entry tables open 09:00 and close 10:30
    Shooters meeting at 10:45
    30 Targets.
    Noordwes boeries & coldrinks available, although I cannot promise the 'OppieKoppie Boskantien' at this stage due to shortage of staff.
    There will be 3p shooting activities too, with the High School booked for attending.
    Hope to see you all there.
    No threat of rains at this time it seems. :toocool

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

DSF,
    Well done! As I said before:" You spoke the English tale very deliciously." We will see you early on Saturday morning. I want to climb the koppie early so I have breath to hold while I try to shoot. Hell man, I must also win a biltong carver one day, if and when they become available again. :rotflmao (I wish, not with my shooting) It is like the Sunday just past, when asked how I shot, I answered : "Up to... but I enjoyed the flight" ;impgrin

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

DSF you WINDGAT !!

If the sun does shine , the bush bar will be missed.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Thu Mar 09 2006, 06:18PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nice going NW
    I had a small op. and wont be attending
    Enjoy it!!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What was the op for Z, crooked trigger finger? :rofl
    Speedy recovery anyways...

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Thanx for a great fun shoot.

Markus thanx for the hospitality

KellyA Thanks for the FT tea

Pix loaded as always NW20060311

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thank's to all who support us.
    Special thanks for your patience in waiting on the school kids to finish their 3p competition so that they could join us for the shoot and experience FT. :thumbsup
    Most of the shooters were willing to share their expensive and beloved rifles with these kids, some to the last drop of air available! :bowdown
    The feedback from these kids was very positive, but I think just seeing their faces when they handled the rifles(and actually downed a remarkable number of targets!) was worth it. :claphead
    Thanks again to the FT folks for opening the world of FT to those who never experienced it.
    This 'on the spur of the moment' planning caught us a bit with regards to the boeries and drinks, as we almost started off hungry and ended very thirsty(with marvellous Brits weather 'n all), but it worked out OK.
    It's the likes of u's that make FT happen, Salute. :bowdown

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

I think everyone who participated will agree that it was a bit of a challenge...

Very well done to the top scorers:
    1st senior - Garreth Rustage
    2nd senior - Bradley Marais
    3rd senior - (Tyre) Deon du Toit

1st junior - Jaundre Venter
    2nd junior - Marguitte Ferreira
    3rd junior - Louis van Wyk
    :thumbsup
    All the scores will be posted on SAFTAA's website soon.

See you next time!!!

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

hi

if you have a look at the pics you will see Gareth in his Zen position before the shoot, a little birdie told me that if Gareth goes into his zen or "ZZZZZZZZZ's" then we better watch out.

this "ZZZZZ's" proved to be the case as Gareth walked away with the top score.

Avion you might just have the winning formunla, i might have to come for some "ZEN" lessons as a need all the help that i can get.

nice shoot guys thanks again.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

lol Errol - the trick is to not sleep the night before, hence my basic need for some ZZZZZ'z.

Thanks to the organisers, Gopher, DSF and co.
    Very lekker day out!
    Cheers to kellya for the tea - lifesaver that! :rocker

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I want to know why Moose wants to shoot with the Snr's .I dont see how that works.There is no advantage to do that ,the way I see it.Ok it was a fun shoot so who cares anyway.What is the reason Moose ?I thought the way things were now it did not matter if you were Jnr or Snr the winner of the day is the winner of the day.Or am I missing something .

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

allan i agree, especialy because i dont like been beaten by a juniour "nice shooting Moose, go team EV". moose you should kill the juniours while you have the chance, i did the same thing as you once and it bit me in the ass.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08/'09
    Ladies World FT Champ '09

User Info Menu

On the matter of Moose shooting with the seniors....

It was cleared on the day with Wyan that Moose chose to shoot with the seniors at the previous Inter-Provincial. Once you've "upgraded" to a higher category, you are not allowed to move down a category again...

Help me out if I have it wrong, Wyan. %-6

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

it seems i've missed another cool shoot...........why did i not take up the job offer in kyalami, when i had the chance..............

well done to the top shots......you see this zen thing works.......and people were complaining when i set up the course with a bit of built-in feng shui 2 weekends ago......

nice going moose....... it's the poof

kellya's Avatar kellya

DSF and Gopher, thanx for the great day, Brits will always be one of my favorites.The 112 km from Edenvale will always be minor hurdle when deciding on where to shoot.
    Next time Avion is going to get his tea before he shoots. "WHISTEA" hopefully he continues his Zzzzzz state when he get's to the top of the koppie, and gives the rest of us a chance. Jokes aside Congrats Gareth and to all the other winners.