Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still looking for a air pistol

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Still looking for a air pistol

I gave up on BadDeal.co.za for the Gamo that I paid for and now I am looking for an accurate plinker. Any suggestions? I am not fussy, if it does 1-inch group at 10 meter, I am happy. I will even take springers. I can fork out about R1000 to R1500 at this stage.

Those “boxes” at Baddeal.co.za are a bunch of freaking liars and they are not even good at lying. I was told that they could get a Gamo PR45 but not the pump master and the Gamo would be delivered to them by the supplier on Wed. So I fooned yesterday, the chick who answer the phone told me that it was not there yet and I demanded the est. date of arrival so she put me through to the GM, Detone. Then the guy told me that they have all my stuff in the warehouse but was on hold because I sent an e-mail enquiring about the co2 cylinder prices 2 weeks back. Has the CO2 prices got to do with my stuff I paid for? Then they say they will ship my stuff yesterday and will send me my shipping number same day. So guess what, still haven’t got it. Don’t bother to go to Hellopeter, they are listed already.

Seeing that most of you guys did get the stuff eventually, I will wait for another two weeks I guess I can always sell the pr-45 if (when?) I get it. If not, I guess I have an idea. After that my waiting period of another two week, I will start to send e-mails to nicely ask them where my stuff is along with my 1Mb attachment (deposit slip) at increasing frequency. First once every 2 days, then once and day, then once 12 hour and in a matter of 2 weeks, they will be getting hundreds of e-mail per hour and that will jam up their inbox (there are software to do just according to my buddy). He told me that it is even legal because their web page say they answer in a day or two and none of my stuff mails got answer for weeks so I can only assume that the e-mail did go through so I set my PC to send e-mail at increasing frequency in the hope that one of them get through (much like trying to phone 00h00 on new years day, you have to repeatedly phone until you get through the busy network). And it is not Spam neither because I am not trying to sell stuff nor asking for money or something in that line. If they block my address, I will just get a new one. I am merely enquiring about my stuff that has been paid for.

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

stopper you go boy i will stand by you.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Have you been ripped too?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

cp99 compact......excellent plinker, but more like 10cm X 10cm @ 10m.

i like the gamo compact and the HW40 for precision plinking......that's it.....i'm convinced.......i NEED one by tomorrow.......

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

i am also looking for a plinker pistol. is it worth looking at co2 or a springer????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by urabus
    i like the gamo compact and the HW40 for precision plinking......that's it.....i'm convinced.......i NEED one by tomorrow.......
    But where do I get a Gamo Compact?

As for bad deal.........Did a search on the net, there is a better and totally legal way. The method is cool against company with slow server (seeing that greatdeal takes so long to load, it should work). Get about 20 (the more the better) buddies with fast internet connection (they say dial up don’t work, besides, it costs money) and get and add-on file to make internet explorer switching from 2 or more URL (ones with lots of pictures and home) within the some domain every ten second or so. This will eat up all their bandwidth and to make sure that anyone trying to buy things from them will 1) wait for a hour go have a page loaded, 2) give up. And there is no law against checking a web site out over and over again?

Any IT experts and lawyers here? is it legal?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

for air pistol under R1500. A scoped HW40 rules them all...

my HW40 average group:

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

i will be visiting TS soon

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Try www.bulldog.co.za. I have heard their service are really good and fast. The Gamo Compact sells for R1320.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boondock
    for air pistol under R1500. A scoped HW40 rules them all...

[
    So where do I get one? how much? Is it a springer or PCP or nuclear powered?

Thanks guys

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

http://my.tbaytel.net/~coopers@tbaytel.net/HW40Review

andre visser in cape town can supply it 082-9303415

price around R1400

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

pest hunt with hw40

Deadlinks_imagefiles/3_copy2.jpg[/img]

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What's the Gamo P800 like? I see the advertise them at R395 http://www.rhtechnologies.co.za look under specials.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I remember Magnum's Keith Dyer rated the thing ok a while back but it is all plastic and BB only (I think) the sight is also non-adjustable (not going to spend R700 on scope for a R400 pistol). But the at R395, I guees it is worth it.

Boondock, what scope have u got? It looks like a target rifle scope with sun shade and paralex adjustment. WHat about eye relive? So is it actually a pistol scope? I am NOT that clued up with air gun stuff.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Mar 10 2006, 03:11PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

that rifle scope is tasco 2-6x32AOE. mil-dot/intensified reticle. focus from 3 yards. eye relive about 2 inch.

worked very well.