Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAM B51 Accuracy

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default BAM B51 Accuracy

I cleaned out the barrel of my B51 last night and had a few shots at 10m in my garage at home, here are the results. The tightest groups were shot with me braced across a doorway, my shoulder of my trigger arm on one doorpost, and the fingers of my other hand braced against the other doorpost holding the front of the stock. I don't have a proper shooting rest like the larnies (I'm a larnie wannabe!).

[img]Deadlinks/public/276_target.jpg[/img]
    <span class='smalltext'>[ 276_target.jpg ]</span>

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

A sock filled with rice or sand makes an OK rest.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What velocity is your rifle running at?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't know the velocity, I don't have a chrony.

I shot down to about 5MPa, I heard the fill valve click when my hand pump gauge reached 5 MPa when I refilled this morning. The last shots I took were aimed at the number "1" on the horizontal number line to the left of the target, the pellets starting to hit low.

I replaced the original transfer port with a smaller one courtesy of Wyan (thanks again), I seem to be getting a lot more shots now than I did with the standard port.

I cleaned the barrel out by pulling a thick shoelace through it from a pair of "DC" takkies. Everything on a shoestring budget, hehehe.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

nice.. and i m sure BAM is capable to do better than that...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I'm sure it would too if I had a proper rest...maybe I should try the old rice or sand sock thing...but wouldn't the sock just flatten when I stand on it...?

Just kidding, hehehe

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How do the children shoot around 50x 10.9 shots from 10m standing and we could not get two pellets near each other. Just asking! :dunno

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

ga...ga....ga.... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
    yeah.....clean that barrel.
    give em' exterminators a try as well.
    the last time i did some serious testing with da bam (albeit over a year ago)........
    off the bi-pod prone posi, pinkie nail size groupings @ 40m.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Great, I have a lot of improving to look forward to!

Urabus, with what pellets did you get these pinkie nail size groupings?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

exterminators......same as logun penetrators.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I should try those tonight then, I have some left from the trial pot the kind okes at ukgunproducts posted me. I believe they are available now in a heavier version than the original 9.5

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

yes, i seem to remember one of the guys on the UK forum/bbs (clubshot, who's the marketing guy?) mention something about the heavies........not sure about .177's though?????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

http://www.practicalshooting.org.uk/news.php

"I have recently been assisting Pax with New Weights
    and Recently bought out a 15.00 Grain in .177 For FAC Rifles
    And a .22 18.00 Grain For FAC Rifles"

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

If someone could tell this Dumb blond again how to post pics onto the chat page I will post some BAM groups from diff rifles at diff tunes and velocities.
    HuffnPuff if you are shooting with a reduced port and at 160bar your velocity will be about 790/780 with 8.4gn (port +- 1.8mm)

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

If someone could tell this Dumb blond again how to post pics onto the chat page I will post some BAM groups from diff rifles at diff tunes and velocities.
    HuffnPuff if you are shooting with a reduced port and at 160bar your velocity will be about 790/780 with 8.4gn (port +- 1.8mm)