Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: laser sight

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default laser sight

hey blokes ...

I am in the process of building a laser sight for my CFX...

I think it will help with low light Rat shooting ...
    I want to be able to use it in conjuction with my scope ( Fixed mag 0f X6) Possibly integrating it into the Fake noise damper.

any takers ....I guess i could buye one but .. its more fun making it.

any input will be gratly apresciated.

(hell i may never use it .... but for shits and giggles)

ciao

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

how it look like? price? come with zero adjustment?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have had lazer mounted to 2 of my Rim Fires (a laser grip on my Ruger MKII and a conventional one on a Colt woodsman ) before, Persnally, I think they are useless. You can't find the dot fast enough and if you to put the dot on a rat, you just can't see it (rats are black and reflect very little light). Putting a lazer on a springer will also surely kill it. A red dot scope it a much more practical way to do low light shooting with.

The lazer is however good for 2 things:
    1: IR lazer for NV optics.
    2: More importtant to us, range finding, mount the lazer as far away from the scope as you and study the distance between the dot and the cross hair and different distances. Once use get used to it, it is much more accurate than using mil-dots.

Don't build your own laser if yoy want to put it on a PCP, you get cheap airsoft lazers with windage and elv adjustment for under R100 these days.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I remember Rescomp stocked bolt-on scope cross hair illumination thing at one stage. I think it actually lights up your existing scope's cross hair when switched on. May worth a try

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanx blokes ...... food for thought!

Im gonna still tinker with it however ... as i have a lil laser lying round and also ... still just wanna see if i can do it ... ( lil bit of a challenge)

its not for serious stuff just abit of fun ...(do you think the Springer will kill it by the time its sighted in LOL)

thanx again ....

maybe i need to look at the PCP thing a little more seriously .. with decent scope .. Its inevtable!!
    ~~Ciao~~

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

stopper.. where to get cheap airsoft lazers with windage and elv adjustment for under R100?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think you should tape the lazer on the gun and shoot about 200 rounds or so to make sure that it will kinda stand the shock before working on it seriously.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just remember if you want to rangefind with a laser then to buy a quality one like Crosman or equivalent(no cheapies) because the mirrors that focuses a cheap one is not that great and will cause the dot to get bigger and bigger the farther you point it which makes reange estimation not that accurate, the quality ones maintain a small dot over much farther distances which makes it much easier to really estimate range.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Boondock, Some of my mates in Asia post that stuff to me as a favour. The ones with alloy bodies (ie looks solid) can be had for $60HK (HKD = 0.82 ZAR). So I assume that can be brought for under R100 here. I am going to ask one of my mates to ship me a KWC 357 airfsoft and a K J Worx Ruger MKI soon, so if you want one, I can actually ask him to stick one in the box ask well.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

For the novices here, have a look [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser] here[/link]for a better understanding of lasers.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I am suitably .... enlightend!!

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

FWIW, I have found a laser one of the most useful types of sight for rat shooting at night.

When used in conjunction with a low power lamp, just enough to see the rats out to about 20m without spooking them it can be devastating as with practice you can shoot from the hip and given the speed that the rats move they don't always allow you to shoulder your rifle.

I have also used them effectively attached to my HW45 pistol for up-close and personal inside buildings ratting and that is a deadly combo as well - torch in one hand and pistol in the other!

Dale

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I tried to build a laser using cheap parts. Used a broken 3x15 scope, and a R20 flea-market laser to fit inside the scope. Used the scope adjustment system for the elevation & windage. It worked OK on my Crosman 760 Pumpmaster for about 30 shots. The laser can't stand the "shock" (when new the rifle gives you about 8 flbs) and had to be replaced often.
    Just buy one- you will save yourself lots of time and frustration!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanx Dale ... I figured as much .. since i can see the F..kers but my scope doesnt have iluminated ret .. so i cant see the cross hairs .. i thought if i can use the laser ... even under low light .. id still be better off.

thanx dudes

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i m interested in this green laser.. the cheapest i can find is USD100 on net.