Thread: Gut feel range finder

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Gut feel range finder

Howzit

Do any of you guys know where I can get a relatively cheap but accurate range finding device ? I want to start enhancing my ?gut feel range finder?. In other words looking at a target and accurately estimating it?s distance without the aid of a range finder.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How about using a Mil-dot scope?

Or maybe using a scope with Paralex adjustment. Move your head up and down to see the paralex (the object will wonder off cross hair), keep dailing in the paralex adjustment knob until there's no paralex and read the markings on it. In theory, it will work but you need higher magnification for that esp at longer rangers and you also need to find a way to stabilise the rigle while move you head up and down (bi-pod?). In a sense it will work like of the old days optical range finder. Did I mention handheld optical range finders never worked well.

Well it is worth a try.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Try your local hardware store. They should sell something called a tapemeasure. :rofl

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ya, I go the tape measure root when practicing on my ace, but when I go to comps I also want to range find some of the lanes afterwards before I duck. If people are still shooting I'm gonna be in for a kuk load of hopping with my tape. :jump3

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

that place in matie land..............digital image warehouse?
    iirc Nikon Pro Staff 440 in realtree
    +/- R2300 or so.........

give them a try.......very good service i got from them when i bought the leupy efr.