Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: So you want to buy an air rifle:

Administrator
    Rest in Peace Johan - 07/11/2013

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    Thanks for this!

Although I can't seem to access the Law link which you provided. I get:
    "sano, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

I can't seem to find much online, except that it is illegal to shoot in built-up areas. Does this mean you can legally shoot in rural areas?
    The link appears to be broken and I can't find the thread it used to run to. I will over the next few days add a paragraph on some of the basic legal aspects.

In short, no hunting with an air rifle and no shooting in built up areas. The law in typical fashion has many grey areas and prefers to spell out what you can't do rather than what you can. So by omission as I read it yes one can shoot in rural areas, BUT I am no legal expert and my opinion is just that my opinion and not sound legal advice.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the response, guys!

It is quite a downer that I'm not allowed to shoot in my garden . I have always done so, and have had no problems as yet, but my new neighbour seems to have an intense dislike towards it (a few "STOP SHOOTING"s from over the wall). My concern is that he calls the cops, and I have my air rifle confiscated.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sano View Post
    My concern is that he calls the cops, and I have my air rifle confiscated.
    That would be a serious downer. Have a look around, there are a few clubs in your part of the world.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hello Guys I am i need of your help. I am looking for a PCP to help practice for hunting and rifle competition. My budget does not allow me to go for the more expensive guns. What I am looking for is a accurate, reliable gun at a reasonable price any advice will be appreciated.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hatsan AT44 single shot combos are available at Iwarehouse.co.za for example for in the region of R6.5k brand new. Second hand here on the forum you could get some bargains and great rifles if you have a look around and you are a little patient.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Oh yes, And welcome to the Forum....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi guys, My name is Muhammad, Im really new at this stuff so I need some advice. I love the way snipers shoot in the movies, I want to be like them!!! I want to purchase an air rifle but i dont know which one to buy, I like to shoot things at a distance and just shoot random junk, can I get some advice on what would be the right rifle for me to get. I normally would prefer an under lever rifle but I'll leave you guys to guide me on which is the better way to go between break barrel or under lever. I'm not looking to spend too much, my budget is up to R3000. I have heard that GAMO's have a bad trigger and the spring keeps breaking, I read this on "All about airguns" website : Gamo CFX
    "A nice looking, light weight, hard hitter (about 870 fps). It is accurate and sturdy. Unfortunately the weak point of the rifle is the springs that seem to break at regular 2000 shot intervals. The worst part by far is fact that the rifle is very loud, it has a horrible trigger, pellets are very difficult to load, and the rifle takes about 1200-1500 shots to break in. That only give you about 500 good shots before you have replace the sping and start all over again." And they say all GAMO's have the same problem.

PLEASE HELP...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Momo welcome

Shoot it till it breaks and by then just put a MZE gas ram in the gun.
    I had a gamo FX Royale which I sold to my buddy and that thing is still shooting very well after many many 1000's of shots, but yes some of the springs does break. Oom Vincent from MZE showed me once.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Can you explain to me exactly what gas ram does etc...I know very very little.
    Can you suggest some good makes for around R3000? and would you recommend under lever or break barrel?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

momo... I would definitely consider the HW57 that Hackneyl has up for grabs.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Buckles... any idea how old the rifle is and how many shots fired through it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What do you guys think of the Hatsan Model 70, brand new, stripped, deburred, lubed, trigger tuned, springer that mze advertised last year some time.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by momo View Post
    What do you guys think of the Hatsan Model 70, brand new, stripped, deburred, lubed, trigger tuned, springer that mze advertised last year some time.
    The Hatsan 95 is similar but with a turkish walnut stock. I suspect it may also fit your budget.

Both the 70 and 95 are really awesome budget rifles once MZE has worked his magic...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How do i get hold of MZE to get the current pricing?

Rest In Peace Vincent

User Info Menu

Look at my sig