Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Case

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

User Info Menu

Default Hard Case

I'm looking to buy a hard case. I've looked in at a few local dealers and it seems it will be best to order one from the US. At the prices I'm getting I could buy the wife a AA S200!!

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

What sort of hard case you looking for ?There are a few well priced 1's around.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

How long, how wide, how hard?

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Big enough for a Walther ,Im sure .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Make one ! I am just completing my third one . As I go along they just keep improving !

A bit of pine , a bit of masonite , some nylon type foam , a couple of brass hinges & hasp & staple , a brass handle & you got it .
    Foam is the most expensive component !

Total cost is under R 300 .

I bought plain flat foam & make cut outs to fit rifle , pellet boxes , tools , silencer ( I take it off to make a more compact box ) & so on ,

The box for my CZ is 1 m long & 350 mm wide , & 120mm . The box I made for the AIR ARMS S 400 , is a bit longer , I made it to fit with the silencer on & a bit generous all around .

The one now is for my Cannon 737 , only 900mm long , 230mm wide , same depth .

The egg box foam is a bit more expensive & you cant customise the inside to have a little hokkie for every thing .

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I just got one of those hard black plasitic flight cases with 4 clasps and 3 places to fit padlocks. Can take 2 rifles at once with the egg box foam in it, and it cost R350.00 from the dealer.. pretty good price I think considering they were selling the aluminium ones for R1650.00..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

There are lots of options. From Docasil (sp?), Flambeau through to a custom built aluminium Alpine case.
    How much do you want to spend?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I rarely use my hard case now. Too bloody heavy to hulk around.

MCJ's Avatar MCJ

What do you use Brain?

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Don't call him Brain...it will go to his head...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerry, you got any pics of your cases ? Maybe we can ask you to make some custom ones for the boys down south ?!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Got a Flambeau for the EV and a Napier for the Steyr but mostly I use my hand.

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hard cases are expensive if you go the Alpine route, otherwise ABS from +-R280 and Alu upto R650.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

jason at guthries can get them in

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I'll load a picture some time this week , but dont get any ideas , I'm not a carpenter .

You make your own one , to your own specs . My next one , hopefully not for a long time will be a slightly slimmer one