Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help in joining a club

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Help in joining a club

Hi everyone, My oldman (60yrs old) and I (33yrs old) have always enjoied shooting with airguns. Grew up on a farm so it just natural. For his 60th my family got him an FX2000 PCP and I was so impressed by this rifle that I decided to get one myself. Did a bit of research and decided on a Daystate MK3 FT. I am very keen to try my hand at field target and would like to know where to go and who to speak to about joining a club. I live in the Westrand in a small mining town called Westonaria. Anywhere in the Gauteng or Westrand area. Please Help!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi PaleRider you can go to www.saftaa.co.za thats the official field target site,I think they tell what clubs are in your area and also about future shoots. The guys also regularly "advertise' upcomming shoots on this site. Good Luck

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Hi Palerider, there is a range in the Cresta/ Northcliffe area if that is closer, PM me for some detail or look under clubs on airguns-online.co.za
    Welcome to our world, its all about having fun and meeting great people and nocking over the odd target as well!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help.

LLoyd, I'll give you a call next week if I don't get any mail back from you.

Warrick, hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers!

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi PaleRider,

Just one thing that is worth bearing in mind is that doing research on rifles is one thing, but before spending any money go to a club and try out rifles. Specifications are one thing but these do not necessarily tell you about the handling of the rifle.

All the best and enjoy the shooting.

Dale

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Dale,
    You're absolutely right. Like I said earlier, I was very impressed with the FX2000 but thought it was a bit on the light side. I've tried out an HW100, it's heavier and I almost got one. Then I found a place in Pretoria selling Daystate and from the magazines and surfing the net it seamed that the MK3 is held in high regard. I went to have a look at it and couldn't resist. I never tried out the Theoben or Logun (never even seen either up close) but that's history now. Getting the scope setup properly is my next chalenge. I got a fairly cheap one (Hawk ???) and I guess it will do for a start. I really need to spent some time with guys in the know now so I can learn. I guess the best way is to join a club...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hmmm.........MK3FT :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

are you coming to the leeuwkop shoot on the 29th? very keen to see it in action.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi urabus,
    Sounds good. Just dont expect too much or judge the rifle from my shooting. I'm just a newby. I've had a look at the directions on the club description on the web and I recon I'll find it. What time do I have to be there?
    cheers

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i think the leeuwkop guys will post the details closer to the time........cool hope to see you there. how do you rate the firing cycle/lock time ...etc compare to the FX2000 or any other mech. setups??????

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

urabus, like i said, i'm still but a newby. If you explain firing cycle/lock time to me maybe i can come up with something. I don't think you should regard it as gospel though. It will most likely be a load of hog. All I can say as far as comparrison to the FX is that it's a bit heavier and has more bells and whistes. That about the limit of my capabilities right now.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi PaleRider

Do you have details of who sells the Daystate in Pta or anywhere else.

Thanks.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

sorry PaleRider..........

what i wanted to know is compared to mechanical models such as FX2000......do you notice any vibrations/twang/muzzle flip ........etc (firing cycle) with the MK3??? and does it feel like that the pellet is leaving the barrel way quick when the trigger is squeezed off????? (lock time)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

urabus, to tell you the truth we noticed something like that. The FX2000 has a Weirauch silencer and is much quieter. When we bought the FX we had it set at 950fps and the MK3 was set at full power on default. We thought it was the velocity setting so I programmed it down a bit. If this is something I dont know. Maybe you can judge it when I see you at the shoot.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Larry, it's a woodworking machine tool shop called EXECUTOOL. Call them at 0125487425. Hope this helps. cheers!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

the funny thing is i actually got an email from Fanie, on sat telling me the MK3 was sold that morning...................