Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SAFTAA National Trials - 2006

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

Default SAFTAA National Trials - 2006

hi Wyan Ziggy.

i got the invite via SMS and replied via email that i will be there.

please can you give all the relevant info? eg: bank details if we need to pay before we go. directions to the venue and what time will we meet on the 5th.

if someone wants a lift let me know and i will see what plan can be made.

errol.

:awais :awais

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Why don't you rather email them? They are not that often here on the forum.

wyan@saftaa.co.za
    ziggi@saftaa.co.za

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thank you Spyker
    All invited participants should by now have received
    details of the national trails with a program and other details
    If you have not received the program, please contact me on
    ziggi@saftaa.co.za asap!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ziggi,Wyan,
    As shooting internationally is beyond my financial means, Marguitte and me will not attend the trails. Thank you very much for the invitation though.

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

gerrief, i am also at the bottom of the financial chain, but it will be an experience for me so i will be there. come on guys R650 bucks for 2 nights stay and a couple tins of pellets (supplied yourself) what a bargen.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Errol,
    Just think of it this way. R650-00 x2 plus non shooter, +- R500. 00. We are talking around R2000-00 to shoot in a competition that is not going to mean much to US as WE can not shoot in the Internationals. Do you guys think I?m going to send my daughter to Poland alone? Not likely, so I have to pay double the fees if she makes the team, even if I don not. What is the use of competing, at that fee, if the chances are very good that neither of us stand a very good chance to make the team in any case?
    Do I have the choice to find my own accommodation and drive in Friday, Saturday and Sunday to compete? NO!!
    It cost me less than that to visit the Kruger for THREE nights, a week ago. Living in a tent and or caravan I paid less for my family to stay at a game farm in North West for TWO WEEKS. I had the choice to drive to Wolwehoek Saturday and Sunday last year, or camp free of charge (If I remember correctly) to shoot in the Nationals. Why not this time? It is a known fact that I am full of it. So be it. It is a further fact that I am known to be very militant and aggressive when it comes to my family. That is true. What do I have to prove to whom?.
    If, after this, Marguitte is still welcome to shoot at other clubs, I will see that she gets there but I will not be held hostage and neither will my family. As far as I am concerned, I lost my appetite for the sport and I hope Marguitte also does soon. If she doesn?t, I will support her for as long as it takes.
    This ends the correspondence, for me, regarding the National Trials.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Amen.
    Some of them just won't get it Gerrie...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

DSF,
    Just to prove my point. This is in Pilansberg Game reserve. What would food cost for two/three days? I have a Wild Card so I don't even pay Day Fees or Entrance Fees.

Rands and cents

R95 per site for up to six people

The same rate applies if you have a site hooked up for electricity or have a caravan

A once-off entrance fee is R20 an adult, R15 a car and R15 a child

A family of two adults and two children would pay R275 for a two-night stay, including entrance fees
    Rates will increase on April 1

Contact the Pilanesberg National Park on Tel: (014) 555 3109

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

GerrieF I agree the price does make the event les accessable to some.I however am still looking forward to a weekend of shooting.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '06

User Info Menu

Its going to be a very good event, especially since ziggy is going to manage it?. We don?t need NEGATIVITY towards our up and coming sport. It is less accessible for some of us as allan say?s, but its like that in every sport!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It is a question of: If the shoe fits you, wear it. The last time I looked, it was still a free country and everybody was entitled to his/her opinion and could decide to participate in any sport, if and when it suits you. It has nothing do with negativity but with the principle, which is something only a few people would understand.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

NEGATIVITY is the wrong word to use here, DISSAPOINTMENT is more accurate !(no pun intened)
    If anybody was negative towards our sport they would not be on this forum...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

As I said: Only a few people will understand what I am saying.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Some background on the coming National trails

Wyan and myself have made a huge effort to locate a suitable venue that can accommodate us for the National Trails. In our spare time we have travelled to numerous potential sites with the following goals in mind:

A range that can host 2 x 50 targets
    A 50meter sighting range available at all times
    A range that no one has shot on before - as members complain that some shooters practice on their home range
    Catering facilities - as members complain that a "worsie" is not sufficient and they are not caterers by profession
    Enough bathroom facilities - as some ladies (with reason) complain
    Not to far- as members complain that they have to travel to far
    Only one shoot at one venue - as members complain that they have travel much further than other members staying closer to the venue than other members
    2 Tails in one - as members complain that they have to travel twice
    Proper accommodation - as members complain that they need (with reason) a good nights sleep proper sleep (not in tents) before an important event and only few of the members own caravans
    Entertaining facilities (swimming pool, TV , Game watching) while not shooting
    A facility where team building and the spirit of FT can be enhanced and where everybody can enjoy their hobby/sport

This was the cheapest place available that could comply to all above requirements.
    SAFTAA is not trying to make money out of this matter.
    SAFTAA will subsidise all additional costs incurred from Subscriptions paid by some members - members complain that a 3 month grace period is not sufficient to pay their annual subscription of R15-00 per year due on 1 January every year - members complain that the year starts to early and that one notice to pay the yearly R150-00 is not long enough
    The amount of R650-00 paid directly into the Blommelot account pays for just about everything except your drinks

As you can see it isn't that simple to keep everybody happy - it's easy to complain - but difficult to comply to everyone's needs.

A suggested date for the SATAA Open National Trails - 21-23 July 2006. The goal of this trails is to give everybody a change to compete in their own class as medals will be awarded to Classes A/B/C. This has nothing to do with the selected National Team.

Gerrie would you please organize the booking of this event at Pilandsberg as you suggested, as it seems that you have all the right connections and the venue complies to all the criteria

SAFTAA Chairman
    Protea FT Team '12/'16

User Info Menu

eish i opened a can of worms, but that is what i do best