Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&N Baracuda Match

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default H&N Baracuda Match

Hi everybody, where and at what price do you buy your Haendler & Natterman Extra Heavy Barracuda Match pellets in Pretoria or surrounding areas?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Common guys I know somone must at least buy the Barracuda Match in Pta, one of the staff at my regular gunshop suddenly believes that you only get the Barracudas round nose and that Match is flat nose pellets,he is sure that there is no such thing as a Barracuda Match pellet and therefore they cannot order me some!!!I have brought at least 7 tins from this shop in the past!
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Apr 18 2006, 01:26PM ]</span>

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Barracuda Match is simply a Barracuda sorted into 3 different headsizes...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I buy mine from L & W in Brookelyn Mall, Tugela Hardware in Vanderbijlpark and Outdoor and Hunting Supplies in Vanderbijlpark. The price is between R 78 - R 85 a tin of 500, the only have 4.50 headsize, don't know where you can get other headsizes

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I think in West Gate the is also a place that sells Air rifles and pellets, don't know the name, but I'm not sure if they will have but it might be worth a try.

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Have you tried TS PTA?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

L & W brooklyn is closed, I will give the atterbury branch a ring, thanks enzace! I have never seen them at TS pta, I usually buy from VLT Arms for R99 a tin,I need too have them before this weekend cause I am planning a litlle hunting trip.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ah man, L & W atterbury dont have, TS PTA dont have, VLT Arms will only get theirs in the next 2 weeks...I am screwed.Anybody got smooth pebbles for my 'kettie'?

Seriously though, does anybody have an extra tin that I can buy in Pretoria?
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Apr 18 2006, 04:34PM ]</span>

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

try JSB Heavies..I find them generally better than Barracudas...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Try the JSP pellets, I used them 2 weeks ago when I and Jackal went hunting and the work well. They seem to be more flat shooting than the H&N Barracudas.

I also think that they are made from a softer lead because they cause bigger exit wounds compaired to the H&N Barracudas at the same distance.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

barracudas don't work with Weihrauch barrel...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.I brought a tin of JSB heavies from importer a while back and they also did not shoot as well as the Barracuda Match in my gun. The odd thing is that I konw a guy in the UK who has the same setup as me but that his gun really loves the JSB Heavies. I love the BC of the JSB's which makes them a really flat shooting pellet but because they dont work in my gun I cant use them.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

try the Crosman premier heavies from TS.

what gun are you shooting?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You could give a place called Executool in Zambezi drive a try (012 - 548 7425). They sell all sorts of pellets and might be able to help. Good luck!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

A Diana 54, the CP Heavies are just as good a performer in my gun as the Barracudas, only diff is the Barracudas 4.50 are cleaner and the Barracudas goes into the barrel much much easier(less pressure on my seals), if I dont find any Barracudas by Thursday I will probably buy the Crosman Premier 10.5's. Guido you know how it is, if you like something and it works nothing will be a really good substitute.