Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of a Feinwerkbau P70 Field Target

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Price of a Feinwerkbau P70 Field Target

Does anybody know what the price is for a NEW Feinwerkbau P 70 Field Target and where I can get one ?

And what do you think of it as a Field Target Rifle, pro's and con's and so on, please tell me I'm thinking of buying one.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Heavy, unwieldy, made from too many bits bolted together. They shoot accurately but I have never found them a nice rifle to use, even adjusting it for fit.

The EV2 or a Steyr LG110 would be a better choice if you feel the need for an out and out race gun.
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri Apr 21 2006, 04:52PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i can only guess it's around the R15K mark...........best u contact importer for price and availability.......etc

very nice looking rifle (it comes in choice of blue and RED).........plinker's got one........maybe he can tell you more about it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Dale, thanks for your views, but why do you say "Heavy, unwieldy, made from too many bits bolted together." ?

Is the gun to Long ? to Big ? Or difficult to shoot with ? Please I want to know before I go out and buy one ?

And why would you say a EV2 or a Steyr LG110 would be a better rifle to buy ?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter
    Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

I must say thanks to Urabus for letting you know most importantly that the P70 comes in RED.

I have tried the EV2 and the Steyr.Out the box The EV2 gave me a good fit.The Steyr seems too short for me.

The FWB has a bit of a wierd loading mechanism

Bottom line I still want a FWB P70 (in RED)

I the end of the dat i believe that if you like a race gun it will not let you down.All the race guns shoot well.Each 1 has its own quirks though.Just comes down to personal choice.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i think it might be a bit more that 15k.....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Allan
    The Steyr seems too short for me.
    Allan, you're arms a bit too long??

Anyway, I think all these race guns are really nice. In the end it comes down to personal preference.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

come to one of the league shoots im sure spyker or lukas wont mind letting you have a go with there steyrs and you can have a go with my EV2 also you should consider the walther lg300 also know two guys that will let you try theres.....i only know one person with a P70 and he loves it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guys thanks for all your views and "uitnodigings" to have a try with your guns I will take you up on your offer for shure before I buy a rifle, because I think like you said you must try them all and see what you like and what works for you and then only can you deside what you are going to buy.

I really don't like the look of the Steyr, I have held one before and like the S 200 Target it feels to small for me, might just be in my head. I really like the Feinwerkbau and the EV 2. I think the race is going to be between them.

But I think like Allan said you must also like the rifle because you spend a lot of money on it and you are going to look at it every day so you might as well buy the one you likeand I really like the Feinwerkbau P70 Field Target.

I shot with the 10m Feinwerkbau Ali Light and it was very nice and felt really good in my hands, but I will consider all the contenders before buying.

Thanks a lot guys.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Go and talk to Importer. Take a seat though before you ask the price. If I wasn't banned from buying I would be very tempted, nice piece of machinery

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I will do that for sure and thanks for your views now I have a good idea what to do before I buy the rifle of my dreams.

What about Ripley's ? I don't know them and would like to get some info on them, if anyone can help "ek sal dit regtig baie waardeur"

Thanks guys.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i dont think there are any ripleys in south africa and not many people know much about one.....if you wanted one you would have to import it and they cost more than a 1000 pounds.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The mechanism starts at around 1K, then theres the other stuff that makes it into a rifle. Expect to re-mortgage your house.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yeah, then you still need to add a stock to that, a Paul Wilson or Gary Cane at least, to do some justice to the rifle.

Unless you pick one up second hand.