accuracy,
    their suitability for wing shooting
    and in general, which one of the 2 would you choose
    FX Cyclone
    Air Arms S410

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

For FT shooting neither rifle, the Air Arms S400 (single shot) is a better bet, it is slightly cheaper and the money saved on a magazine system can be put towards a better scope which will give you far more more benefit than a magazine.

In terms of 'wing shooting' - to me that means shooting quarry on the move and in all honesty no air rifle is suited to that, leave it for shotguns. However for control of small pests, pigeons, rats etc the S400 is perfectly capable. just remember that you will need to work within the limitations of the limited power from airguns.

Dale
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Fri May 05 2006, 05:07PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I agree fully with Dale, rather save some money and buy the single shot S400, it will be enough for Ft and doing pest control on small vermin. Rather use the spare cash that you save, to buy a better scope or silencer.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

HW100

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Wian,
    Handle the two rifles. Feel the difference in quality. The s400 is as solid as you will find a rifle. To me the FX range is tinny and puny, not solid at all and grossly over priced. How about back-up when things go wrong?
    Weihrauch and FX rifles are distributed by the same crowd in SA. I know from experience that after sales service is non existent. I had trouble with my HW100. In the end I had to learn to take it apart and fix it myself. It is also a very solid, well built rifle.
    At AA I never paid a cent for any problems they solved for me on the three rifles I have, or had so far. You can not beat Air Arms in Alberton. Look well before you leap!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Not only is it solid but it is damn near perfect, have you ever seen a bad review on a S410? Another thing is that Air Arms and in particular the S4X0 range has many extras if you want to customize.
    That said I really like the FX2000 and will probably get one in the end,does not matter what anybody else says cause personal preverence will prevail.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

That is exactly what this forum is all about; everybody can give their opinion and everybody else is free to take advice or discard it at will.