Thread: O-rings

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default O-rings

Some of the O-rings of my rifle look worn and I think I will need to replace them soon. Does any one know of a supplier of O-ring of various sizes.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a BAM50,the front charging valve started to leak.Sometimes not closing at all but most of the time just a small leak,but still leaking.
    Can anybody assist with the seals( o-rings) etc.?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

After having endless hassels with O-rings (allways had the wrong size at hand) I bought myself two O-ring kits. The kits are Imperial and the other metric. There are about 22 o-rings of each size, from 2mm to 30mm. Got them from a supplier in Edenvale JHB (will post details later) for R90 each.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Most hardware stores have a large selection of o rings,but sometimes(murphy?)the one you want are out of stock. On two occasions I went to different hardware stores with my old o rings and they gave me new ones for free,because they cost like 45c.
    Stopper there is a builders warehouse at atterbury value mart next to the hifi corporation,open 7 days a week.Good Luck

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Airking, As a matter of fact I was at builders warehouse yesterday they don't have they size I needed. Also, I was looking for some 1/8 NPT fittings (the usual fittings for piantball gun) by murphy's law they had 1/4 NPT but not 1/8 npt. The search goes on......

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I don't know about other rifles but with my BAM I got a small bag with about 3 of each o-rings that the rifle needs. But I don't know how good the quality is. How often should one replace the o-ring for the rifle ?

MOT: Thomson Pneumatic Rifles

User Info Menu

Jogi, check your email re filler valve seal. The BAMs o-rings should not need to be replaced/ rifle serviced more than every 18months to two years, provided no fiddling has taken place!! The only o-ring you may need to replace is the bolt/ breach seal as it wears depending on how much you shoot.
    The mesurement for the BAM filler o-ring is 2.9mm ID X 1.78mm wall (imperial size in mm), this size is quite easy to get. The QB breach o-ring is not very available but the 3mm X 1mm metric works OK as it wears in.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Warrick is it easy to replace the seals and o-rings yourself or should someone do it for you like a airrifle smith ?