Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cylinder of the S400K

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Cylinder of the S400K

Hiya

Does anyone know the capacity of the filling cylinder on the S400K?

I've done a search but come up with different amounts.

cc or L

Thing is I've got a 12L scuba bottle, and I'm on my 35'th fill at the moment. Now I'm not quite sure what the shop filled it to. I did state that it was for an air rifle though. I would guess they filled according the bottle, 232 bar.

I normally top up at 110 bar, however I've let it drop to 60 on a few occasions.

A link to the tech specs on a S4xxK would also be great.

tia

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

sorry Avion but you sound a little confused.
    When you fill the S400 you can see on the rifle gauge what the pressure is in your scuba tank.
    I am assuming you do not have a gauge on your refill adapter.
    Most dive shops will not really fill to 232...even if they say they do by the time the cylinder cools down the pressure has dropped to 210bars.
    Anyway you can carry on using your scuba cylinder until it drops to 160bars or so...you just get less shots on your S400 from every subsequent refill.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote:
    When you fill the S400 you can see on the rifle gauge what the pressure is in your scuba tank.
    /Quote:

So a 300 bar fill on my scuba bottle will show on the S400's rifle guage?

Erm I paid a little too much to see if my S400's guage needle snaps off going past 250. !amazed

You can get a 232 filled to 300 if you talk nice to the tech guy, although I wouldn't take that chance myself.

I have an outlet guage on my bottle, the guage that shows you what the current pressure is past the scuba tanks valve. (ie hose and filling cylinder on the rifle)

I do not have a guage showing me the current pressure left in the scuba bottle however - thus I"m trying to work out :

12L @ 232 bar = xL fills @ 190 bar. (where x is the S400's cylinder capacity)

Obviously I will have to average the top up volume on the rifle, aswell as take the hose's volume into consideration.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Chairgun does have this feature. Although I still need the S400K's cylinder volume.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I get about 28 "good" fills from my 9l bottle.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Ok Avion...sorry I had no idea you had a 300bar cylinder.
    It would still be a little difficult to work out the residual pressure and the number of fills due to the fact that air is lost every time you fill.
    Also the gauge on the S400 is pretty inaccurate.
    I would think about 40 good fills before you need to go to the dive shop...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Guido,
    how do you get to the S400 gauges being inaccurate ?
    Slow maybe, but accurate they are, it just takes them a second longer to get there.
    When I still had my S400 I used 2 gauges, 1 on the gun and one on the bottle, and the readings always corresponded between the 2.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

They are accurate to +- 10bars....

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hell, dont't split hair about nothing serious.When the rifle equalizes with the tank at around 190 bar (On your rifle gauge)take the tank to the dive shop to top up....as simple as that!!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Gerrie,
    who's splitting hair ?
    you obviously have a shop around the corner from either your house or your work !
    I use my bottle down to about 150 before I go in for a refill.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Maybe splitting hair is the wrong choice of words. If 150 bar is enough for you to shoot with go for it. No the shop that I use is about 15 Km from my house, my work is another 3 Km away from my house so letssay20Km, but it is a nice drive at around lunch time and I can then also upset Hennie and or his crew weekly when I bitch about the high prices of everything, as they are just up the road from the shop I use.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Why do you post twice gerrief. We are going to start splitting your hair if you don't stop.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Conspiracy I tell you ...
    I spend about 6 hours / day on the forum...(at the office) and then another 2 or so at home. THAT'S 8 HOURS A DAY, and how long did I wait for 5 star status....
    For those of you thinking I have nothing 2 do ... THE JOYS OF PERMANENT CONNECTIONS TO THE INTERNET, AT OFFICE & Home.
    We Vaalies have "money" you know.....
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Jan 26 2005, 12:29PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Oi stop hijacking my thread.

Okay sorted now. Tomorrow I'm gonna get, or make a snap connector the same as what's on my rifle, plug or cap it, snap it onto the end of my refilling hose. Then open up the valve on the scuba and read the pressure left in the scuba tank. Viola - I know how empty / full the scuba tank is.

Bit of maths, then I know how many fills are left.

*edit

My S400's guage is about 10 bar out. 100 on the rilfe is actually 90 on the refill guage. (Listen to the valve clicking open.)
    <span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Jan 26 2005, 02:36PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

If you find hair on my head you can split it by all means. Sorry if I posted twice.