Thread: military use airsoft

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default military use airsoft

Japanese defence force just adopted 600pcs 89TAG-S airsoft made by Tokyo Marui for close combat training... which cost $750/each.. accuracy 25meters.. select fire mode with single shot / 3 shot burst / full auto... rifle weights 3.4kg...

soon every infantry company will gear up with airsoft for all sort of military training..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

One maker, Systema (www.systema-engineering.com), aims it's airsoft guns specifically at realistic firearms training. They seem to concentrate on M16 and M4 variants for the US market. I think some models also approach the $1000 mark.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Nice to have, but don't they get airsofts so that thry can run training cheaper? at that kind of price, they might as well get a $200 .22lr adapter and buy a $hit load of ammo. I checked out the laser training thing at the aim show, it costs up to R100000 per unit (and you still need to attach a scuba tank to the gun for blowback via a remotr line). I think it is a bit overkill. They guys at RHT told me the jap are planning on banning local sale of airsoft (more than 50% of airsofts are for their own consumption, I see some of them closing down) you guys know if it is true?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

no... cheaper runing cost is not the reason...

the meaning of use airsoft for combat training is to get closest feeling of real gun fight.. btw... airsoft is designed to shoot people without getting serious injury... for training there is nothing can be more challenge than real people use tactics and shoot each other .. no other reactive target out othere can compare with human's mind... after all... it's safe...

now many quality airsofts made in china and much cheaper...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

As far as traiuning is concerned, there is nothing like a tool that goes bang. Glock makes a training version of the 17 (I think it is called the 17T) which works on some non-lethal ammo with paint/powder (no sure which one) which i think is a better bet, at least 50% of the shooting problems has to do with people jerking the trigger and this is caused by the recoil, plus the muzzle blast (lots of people are actually affected by the blast more than the recoil). The training Glocks simulate both. For some strange reason, it never caught serious attention.................

Now that I think of it hong kong's SDU (SWAT) has some Real looking paintball guns too, Oh well, they are not cheap neither.............

I was told the SANDF got a supply of Simunition (I think it is the right name) which uses modified R4 with lighter non-locking (blow back) bolts. Are they going to use them for general troop training or just for the SF guys, I don't know.
    BTW, What quality chinese airsofts are there? most of them are OK are beginner but not accurate nor are there much room for improvement, May be I just got jaded growing up playing with jap airsofts...............

maybe one day we will have airsoft that goes bang and recoil llike the real deal.