Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blizzards QB79 | Review

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

accuracy update. did a 9 shot grid. all 9 shots hit there bull which were about 1cm. shots were taken from a bench at 20m. so im happy with the accuracy.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I am quite surprised by how accurate this is - well done - it definitely is accurate enough for PC work out to a good 40m+.

If you do the HP conversion and want to keep shooting the heavies I'd up the power level to around 16.5 fpe. It will still be accurate (velocity, not fpe, causes accuracy issues), you have a lot more wallop and at that setting you'll be on just about the same trajectory as a 12 fpe with 8.4 grainers - maybe even a little flatter.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

smokepole i plan to use this particular QB for field target. just to prove that it can be done and theres no reason the average Joe cant compete! so ill have to stick to 12fpe.

however im sure that there will be another one bought some time this year that will be a pure pc rig, possibly in 5.5mm. but that will only get done once work on this one is finished.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Buddy , read up about all the mods you can do to the QBs on the ukcineseairgunforum ...

They make absolute cracking fun guns. The pommies are in love with them. 22 is a whole lot easier to get good power & accuracy , but the 177 is not far behind.
    I found the 177 were most accurate at about 750 foot per sec on my chrono.

I have had half a dozen of these 78s & 79 over the last 5 years, get them rough & cheap , tune them up , sell them.

I won the QB 78 deluxe thumbhole version at a shooting comp last year .

A few weeks earlier I won a Nicko Game King scope.

When my daughter expressed the desire to learn to shoot , I did a quick tune up on the new QB , smoothed it out , fitted the scope & within 2 hours the girl was out shooting her boyfriend & his soldier brother ...

Yes , we shot over 1000 pellets that day !

I cant remember how many sparklets I put in , but the sheer pleasure of watching her get the hang of that rifle was worth it . ( I get sparklets in boxes of 500 real cheap )

This is one rifle that wont be sold on ...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    get them rough & cheap , tune them up , sell them.
    i may well do that, however i have put so many hours into this gun, ill be sad to see her go...but i think it may be time for an S510

Marksman

User Info Menu

@Paris This was exactly what I was looking for! I was looking for a cheap air rifle (CO2 due to the shot count as I don't want to refill every 20 shots) but with proper accuracy and tune-ability and something an average joe can afford. Thanks for sharing! Now I only have to find one...