Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blizzards QB79 | Review

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Blizzards QB79 | Review

So I got my new QB79 yesterday and I thought id do a little write up on it. Right off the bat I was disappointed with it. It is allot smaller then I thought it would be and by far the ugliest air rifle I have ever seen. I had to Run around ballito for half the day trying to find someone who would fill the bottle for me and ended up finding out that buildit would do it for me at R11.50 which is quite reasonable.

So I got home and screwed in the bottle and pulled back the bolt for the first time. It was quite difficult to get the bolt back into place. Then I pulled the trigger……….and I pulled it some more………..and then some more before finally it released. the empty deodorant can 20m away wobbled a little but stood standing. I thought I had wasted my money on a weakling and started the walk to the can to see where I had hit. To my surprise there was a neat little hole in one side and another on the other side. Impressed with my little shooters power I went back for another 20ish shots…I didn’t miss one!

I was now starting to warm up to this little QB but I had to do something about the trigger, half an inch of pull at what felt like 20kg of force. So I striped out the safety (you have to do this to get the stock off) and took the trigger assembly off. Three little screws need to be adjusted but there is no mention of what screw does what in the manual, so I started playing around, after about half an hour I had set it to barely 1mm creep and thanks to the poor ball point pen that donated its innards the trigger was more then great.

I then set about throwing as much lead around the place as I possibly could. First a nice plinking session, shooting cans and cds and even toilet rolls. I haven’t done the math’s yet but so far I am very impressed with the punch it has. Eventually I got bored with cans and put up some targets at 20m to try for some groups. The best I managed was about 3in at 20m and about 1in at 8m now remember this was with the standard sights that come on the gun and they are the worst I have ever seen, even the b1 has better sights. I won’t go on about them as im sure most QB owners have scopes on there guns. I am sure these groupings will be much better with a decent scope.

All in all I was very impressed with the QB79, it is a bit rough out the box and needs a little work but this is such a great little shooter and is fantastic value for money. I can see I am going to have years of fun with it and I would recommend it to anyone.

Administrator
    Rest in Peace Johan - 07/11/2013

User Info Menu

You were robbed. R9 a fill at every place I've been to so far. Keep an eye out for the paintball places,

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

not going to cry over R2.5 when the nearest paintball park in in durbs.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Did you clean the barrel first? It took me 2 hours to get all the "brown Tactyl like crap" from my QB's barrel the first time i got her.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

You must remember he lives in a "holiday" town where there is probably only one supplier - who charges whatever he wants.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

And dont leave the full cylinder on the back of your pickup in direct sunlight .

Do you have a silencer on it or are you going to put one on?

Administrator
    Rest in Peace Johan - 07/11/2013

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    And dont leave the full cylinder on the back of your pickup in direct sunlight .

Do you have a silencer on it or are you going to put one on?
    Bex has 2 valid points, I learnt about it leaving them in the sun the hard way and they are loud!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

im going to make my own silencer, but first i have been doing allot of work on the trigger, next will be making a plywood stock and then only the silencer.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

some pics of my QB, now with scope. super high mounts make it almost impossible to shoot so new mounts will be bought asap...all in all starting to look ok, next step is going to be a stock build and some more mods on her internals.

REP: SS Airguns

User Info Menu

I know its possible to convert them to run on air, is it possible to do that and get it up to FAC level?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I’m sure it is however I’m told that this would cause accuracy issues, I plan to do an hpa conversion but keep it at around 12fp. I went out yesterday and got some mounts, I could have gotten slightly shorter mounts as there is still about 1cm clearance between the scope and the barrel, but it’s comfortable how it is and I’m happy with that. I might raise the cheek piece when I make her new stock but that’s still in the planning process.

For now here are some groupings I did today. 33m in moderate wind with AA field heavies 10.3g

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

groups

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

thats qb looks really nice with that big scope i sanded my stock down and stained it black makes it look awsome ill post some pics soon

Rest In Peace George

User Info Menu

What scope is that?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

nikko night eater 8-32x44. my stock build is on its way, planing on using the the same concept as the daystate, so the stock covers the valve on the bottle.