Thread: Need a new PCP for school shooting ( No, not for shooting the school)

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Need a new PCP for school shooting ( No, not for shooting the school)

Hi,

Who has a CZ200T?
    What fittings are needed to fill from a 300 Bar scuba tank? We have a BAM 51 with couplings.

The next PCP on the list is a CZ200.

My question is, an S or a T.
    It will be mostly used (for now) by my son at school, where they are limited to 800 fps and no scopes.
    From what Iíve read the T comes with peep sights, limited to 6 joules, ideally suited for school, but is the T really non adjustable above the given 6 joules?
    Wouldnít it be better to get an S, detuned to the limitation and buy peep sights for it? Later we could tune it to what suites us best.
    :dunno
    Swannie

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Swannie

The 200T is a great little rifle and tuned to between 550 and 600fps. The 200S is also a superb rifle at 770fps standard, but with one limitation, adjustability.

If you have a youngster who is still growing, I would recommend that you look at the 200T or MPR. They are adjustable for length of pull, trigger pull and weight, as well as the comb height. Do not underestimate the power of 500-600 fps as it is more than sufficient to hunt vermin at close range i.e.30 yards.
    As for the MPR a simple WOW! It's a great rifle and I shoot 10m Olympic with it. It's a stunning weapon with adjustability features on par with other more expensive precision rifle brands.

Just a note on the adapter and recharging from a 300bar cylinder. Make sure that your adapter has a flow restriction orifice as refilling any cylinder rapidly can cause damage to the douty seal and possibly lead to overpressure and nullification of the warranty or injury to the charger and bystanders.

Stoffie

REP: Air Rifle Pros

User Info Menu

Hi Swannie,

The 200T or MPR would be the rifle for schools shooting for all the reasons given by Stoffeltoo. However bear in mind that the CZ200T is not adjustable to much over 600 fps due to the fact that the barrel port cannot be adjusted. The AA 200 T does allow adjustment of the Port. Schools shooting is restricted to 600 fps.

The 200S could be used at a push but the stock is not adjustable and no provision is made for an accessory rail on the foreend and a sling and handstop is almost obligatory for 3P air which is what is shot at schools.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Stoffie, Imp, thank you guys.
    The reason I'm going only the CZ way is that I bought a Gamo Hunter 1250 from my dealer friend and after something went wrong with the 1250, he sent it back and we decided on sometthing else and the only choice Iv'e got now is a CZ200S/T and I happy with that and that is what my son needs as a school rifle, so the AA choices doesn't come to mind. I would loved to have a AA MPR or AA 200T instead, but from what I read there aren't real differances besides adjustabiliy.
    Thanks for your advice.

Swannie

:nervous