Thread: fao casper

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default fao casper

hi casper (or anyone else with the AA custom trigger),

if it's at all possible???? pls send me a photo/diagram showing the 3 sear arrangement of the AA custom/Jenkinson trigger.

why?

just noticed that the std triggers on S4?0 now, are also with 3 sears.......just want to see what the differences are? or if they are similar in design..........

user4.cannes@galileosa.co.za

thanks

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Urabus,
    you are 100 % correct, the new AA's all have the 3 sear triggers, old ones had 2.
    New ones also have the simple but effective safety.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Hi Urabus,

Unless Air Arms have done something strange the three sear design they are offering is Nick's design.

Dale

ice's Avatar ice

Dunno if my 400 is new/old design, have 2 or 3 sear trigger, but boy it's sweet!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hey ice......this is what i got off airgunbbs:

try play/adjust ur trigger with the side plate off.......if it's even sweeter then with the side plate on. it means that the side plate is putting too much pressure on the "o-rings". 2 ways to solve it. bend the side plate"outwards/true" or get some non-elastic washers made for the pins?

from what i read this reduces the overlapping that is required between 1st/2nd stage for a clean break..........and it's more effective than polishing/lubing...etc

here' the link:
    [link=hyperlink url]http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53978
    [/link]

back to the topic, this is what i found out from AA KZN distrbutor........from they most recent order (dec2004):

all new s4?0/k's (ie. with safety) have got the 3 sear trigger.

if Dale is correct.....i actually scored a free "custom trigger" bonus!! !amazed !amazed
    and there i was, thinking about paying extra for the same trigger??? in the begining.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon Feb 07 2005, 04:55PM ]</span>

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

the dude (above link), made a few more discoveries/tips...etc

have a look, interesting stuff.........guides for springs in trigger assembly !amazed !amazed !amazed

[link=hyperlink url]http://www.a2kda.com/trigger
    [/link]

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The new S4X0 has the 3 shear trigger as designed by Nick. He is helping AA in development of rifles. The S4X0 rifle is mostly his design.