Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Hornet

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default BSA Hornet

Can anyone give me an indication on the price of the BSA Hornet?

Thanks

Protea FT Team '06/'07/'08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13/'14
    National FT Champ '05/'08

User Info Menu

single shot R5350

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

BladeSmoker , do yourself a favour and dont buy the multishot Hornet.The magazine is not my best friend.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks man, as I said, am new to this but am also enjoying it. Martin, ta for the help etc, like the look of that Weihrauch too, may be a better bet for the immediate future.

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

BladeSmoker , what do you want the gun for ?A HW100 is quite a bit more expensive.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Ultimately FT and also hunting as well as generl fun on the farm - guess it's very broad spectrum but I would like to join a club within the next 6 months and have fun. Unlike most other sports, after the initial outlay, it works out to be pretty inexpensive and I do enjoy it.

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Bladesmoker I am in Cape Town...you can call me and we can discuss different rifles and options
    Guido 021 7905818 0836753341

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks Guido, just slotted your numbers into my phone and will call you - am looking for something near christmas time - consider it a present from me to me!

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Due to my recent investment and unexpected (read "lucky") performance at the Alberton shoot with my new toy, the Weihrauch that BladeSmoker is referring to is the HW97K. How could I in all sincerity recommend any other rifle to him considering his broad requirement and the price (and, ahem, the fact that I'm by no stretch of the imagination the most qualified here to offer such advise...hehehe...)?

I've seen many a used PCP for sale on the forum, but not one HW97K so far yet unless I missed it...must tell you something...

Can be used for FT (Weihrauch springers were used for years at top level FT before PCP took over), hunting, plinking, great fun on a farm if you're walking for miles (and have strong arms - its not light!), no SCUBA bottles to lug about or get filled or tested, no regulator to go dicky...

I know this one's going to stir up a hornets nest...hehehe...

I can't find the lead to download the pics from my camera, but I have photo on it of a 1 hole group of 4 shots from 10m using a cheapie 4x32 Nikko Stirling scope...I couldn't believe my eyes...

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

Nothing wrong with a Hw 97K.

I was real impressed with Spykers 97 after he put the Macarri kit in.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hp,
    Take my word for it, you have talent for shooting. I would hate to shoot against you when/if you [upgrade] to a PCP one day.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have a HW97 in 0.2 calibre. Today I have shot a 5 shot group at 35 yards where all 5 shots touched each other from a FT sitting position.

However I still dream of a Air Arms springer in 0.177

Protea FT Team '08

User Info Menu

[quote1152650172=iaan]

However I still dream of a Air Arms springer in 0.177
    [/quote1152650172]

I can only think that wont take too long. :rolling

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Allan whenever I made a decission in my life and focused on it, it materialised and so it will be with the Air Arms springer.

If it will be a TX200 or Pro-Sport I do not know, when it will happen I do not know but that it will happen that I do know.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1152695024=gerrief]
    hp,
    Take my word for it, you have talent for shooting. I would hate to shoot against you when/if you [upgrade] to a PCP one day.
    [/quote1152695024]

gerrief stop, I can't take any more of these compliments...soon there won't be enough room here for this big head of mine...!!!

I think I can improve on how I shot on Sunday, I need to learn how POI is affected by distance, particularly the close-up shots (I practise mainly 10m in my garage), and I need to get the dialling in techno stuff sorted too. I did poorly on the close-up shots with reducers, and I have no idea where my shots hit the target so I need to practice more on my paper punching until I get it right. When sighting in at the range I concentrated too much on where my 30m and 45m shots went and didn't spend enough time checking out 10m shots.

For the time being I don't see a reason to go PCP as I know the shots I missed were not because of the gun, it was me not aiming properly. I have no desire really to be no.1, as long as I don't come last I'm happy, so I may never buy a PCP, and the PCP guys are not snobs so I won't feel little at shoots anyway.

I'm not much of a "follow the crowd" type of person, I may even shoot the next time with my break-barrel Diana if I can get it shooting well enough, should be different!