Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring rated scope

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Spring rated scope

I need to replace the scope on my HW97. I would like to hear what worked for you and for how long.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

used to supply tasco 4-16x40 and 6-24x50... worked great on my springers and pcp...

http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/2236/pantherdt8.jpg

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

Leapers 3-12X44 side wheel scope...my favourite for springers..

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I've got a 4x32 on my HW97K. Works like a charm. No need to fiddle with the focus when trying to take a quick shot.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a ZOS 10-40x50E-SF on my HW97K, I used to have a 4x32, the 4x32 worked OK but I love using the gun now with the bigger scope. I get 1 hole groups at 10m no problem.

I used it at a fun shoot on an FT course and enjoyed it, it was great range finding, etc.

deadlink/kig_menu/_imagefiles/zos_on_hw97k.jpg

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

[quote1153123336=huffnpuff]
    deadlink/kig_menu/_imagefiles/10m_groups_1.jpg
    [/quote1153123336]

I shot this group with my 4x32 scope, parallax set to 10m

Marksman
    The Guru

User Info Menu

a minimum magnification of 10X is too high for a springer in my opinion...although I have fitted a big Lynx to my TX200HC in anticipation for the FT custom stock to arrive so that I can start shooting full on FT with a springer.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i bought the Ultraoptec 4x32 Compact 15mP from Bulldog, but find that one need a variable magnification for distances longer than 10m i.e. 4x is not enough for me at 30 m.

So i am looking for a new one as well

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

i had the hawke airmax 6-18 X 44 on the hw97k. worked nicely with no problems. i've since replaced it with leupold vx3 efr 6.5-20 X 40........ so far so good.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Iaan if you get a SportsMatch one piece ,prefferably the Dampa mount then you can almost put on any scope. I like the Hawke scopes since mine (Hawke 4-16x50 IR R1300)s is still going perfectally after a couple thousand pellets even though there was a lot of doom sayers saying that the scope will not last on my gun. Best is the Hawke and Leapers TS scopes. Good luck

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I find the recoil on the HW97K much tamer than any other springer I've tried, it must have something to do with the extra weight it is carrying. I'm sure this also translates into the HW97K being a lot kinder on scopes than many other springers.

My Hatsan 70 has destroyed 2 UltraOptec scopes so far...and my Nikko Stirling 4x32 isn't acting too healthy now...

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I've put about 5 tins of pellets through my HW90 with Hawke SR6 on top with std Hawke 1pce mount. No scope creep, no mount sliding up the rail.
    Hawkes are springer rated and the more expensive ones in their range come with Ltd Lifetime Warranty. Even better, the agents are local = Deben Group.
    Whichever way you go, don't go cheap and get some flexibility 4-16x mag with nice big AO objective: 44-50mm.
    This suits all types of springer shooting, 10 to 50m.
    I achieved an 11mm ctc group of 7 shots this w/end at 30 yards. For me, who've never had any prior shooting experince or training, that's great. With same scope on my Diana under lever at 30yards I get a 7mm group with 5 shots.

Again I support Airking on that one, Hawke and you can't go wrong.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Guys thank you for your feedback.

Airking I do have a set of SportsMatch dampamounts fitted. I had a Nikko Stirling 6-24 fitted. Within 500 shots the crosshairs started moving. I took it back to the dealer on 27 - 04 - 06. The Nikko Stirling scopes are spring rated and I have heard nothing from them up till now.

I then fitted another Nikko Stirling 6 - 24 that I had and last week the magnification ring stopped working, also within 500 shots.

Here I can say that I am pretty disgusted with the quality of the Nikko Stirling scopes that I have. I also own a third one that was replaced within 2 weeks of buying it.

So at the moment I am doing my homework on what scope I would put on my 97.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Iaan, the guys at SportsMatch said that the dampa mount can accept up to 50mm scopes without AO and cannot guarante that a 50mm with AO will fit, if you want a 50mm scope(Hawke nite eye 4-16x50,hint hint) then I will gladly bring my scope so we can put it on your gun to see how you like it and to see if it fit,you can borrow it for a couple days to see if you like it.