Thread: CZ200-S Filling?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default CZ200-S Filling?

Im awaiting a CZ200S, before the weekend, hopefully.

At this stage we only have a BAM51 with a normal Foster connecting coupling attached to a local engineered regulator on a 300 bar scuba tank.
    :1zhelp
    Am I understanding it correctly that the CZ200s cylinder will connect directly to the DIN fitting on the 300 bar scuba tank?

Swannie

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swannie,
    You know that you are getting a brass fitting that screws into the scuba bottle which will accept the tank. I don't know if you will need any thing extra to make it work from a 300bar tank, I only worked with 200 bar so far.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My CZ adapter works directly on a 200 bar cylinder and since 300 bar ones are different, it will probably not work. I remember Warrick said something like I have to machine it to fit a 300 bar cylinder.........

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have a 300 bar adapter for you.

Sharp Shooter
    Doctor BAM

User Info Menu

It depends on the type of pillar valve you have on your cylinder......., normally the thread will differ if the bottle is 300 bar..... Do not machine it, get the right fitting for the application, you are working with high pressure of up to 180 bar, remember.....??????

Malan :awais :awais :awais

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Swannie, Important to note!
    When filling the S200 cylinder from a 300 bar cylinder, make sure that the flow is restricted as the 200S cylinders are designed for 200 bar only else POP or worse BANG!
    Also note that the cylinder must be filled SLOWLY to prevent the dowty seal from being damaged with resultant leaks
    You should have reveived the filling adapter with your rifle if it has the removable cylinder with the pressure gauge. If it is a quick coupling fitting, it is wise to get the complete coupling with a HP gauge. You can contact importer for details on availability and cost

Cheers and happy shooting

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, Graham (gra) have offered me an adapter that he has. Nice to get to know such friendly people as Graham. Thanks Graham :claphead