Thread: CO2 air shotgun

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Got me thinking. What if you get a 10 barreled "rifle" with each barrel puching a 24gr 20cal pellets at 700ft/s for a 250+ ft/lbs in total? Will this be legal in SA? The laws says smaller than 22 but doesn't say how many barrels............

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Uhuh, reminds me of when I had a couple to drink the last holidays and I was looking at this little 12g CO2 powerlet and that someone on this forum said its content is at 70bar...
    How's about a smooth bore gun that has a hammer that pierces the powerlet and it shoots out the barrel itself? THE POWERLET BECOMES THE PROJECTILE!
    Needless to say I sobered up by the next day and got too scared of pursuing this idea any further.
    Any crazy takers out there to follow-up on this? Comments?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

It is still a airgun then? Will it be a non-firearm or classified as "Launcher the uses rocket propelled, caseless rounds?" Just how are we going to stabilize the powerlet? fins maybe? Next step up would be the 9oz co2 bottle..........

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

There is still nothing written in the current gun law act that regulates the energy (foot pounds) of air rifles. EG: a .20 pushing 60+ foot pounds still legal without a licence. But wait - the changes are coming and the act is under review presently. Make sure you install a power regulator on your rifle after any extreme conversions! Go to a gun smith if you have too. I would give it another 18 months to 2yrs max.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

gov should write more stuff about how to remove AK47s from townships... and how to stop highest murder rate in the world... how to protect innocent civilians from being crime victim...

who can't see what is damaging the society right now...