Thread: CZ200 vs Air Arms

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default CZ200 vs Air Arms

Got myself involved in this stuff when my son decided he wanted a PCP as his 21st birthday present. Thought it was a matter of walking into the store and buying, but you fundis will know just what a surprise I was in for. To be able to merely hold one, I have to travel 150 km to Port Shepstone. There is not even one in store in East London - where I visit quite often.

Anyway, a fellow shooter is very interested in buy a CZ 200 and the dealer claims that the CZ is an Air Arms design built under licence by CZ and sells at less than half the price. That after adding a scope and a silincer

:1zhelp The blind need some help

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Werner,
    He is right about the badge but I don't know how or why it should be half the price. That does not sound right. Secondly I would suggest that you look at the S400 also, for a 21 year old I found the AA/CZ a bit on the light/short side. Some "Adults" find it adequate, but most Ive come across of have upgraded to the S400 or "race gun" category later on. Having said that; I think it is a magnificent little rifle.
    Contact Importer Snipper, I'm sure they can help you more and even ship a rifle to you.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

depends what u gonna do most with pcp...

if use it for FT... cz200 is pretty good...

for hunting... totally different story...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Read some reviews on www.reviewcenter.com to further confuse yourself, hehehe.

Can't go wrong with anything Air Arms locally, their service is legendary.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have not stuch with either CZ or AA, but that is what I have looked at in most detail. It just gets too confusing. The gun would be used for target shooting (keep in practice for hunting with firearms) and hunting & pest control. These PCP have of course put a diferent perspective on things. Definitely rats, mynahs, european starling, rock pigeons and the odd hare. Is it pushing it a bit far if you go after dassies??

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Huff'n Puff,:
    You really had me stopping to take a Puff after you sent me on tha link.
    I huffing and puffing and still don't know if I found what you were revering 2..

Oom Swannie :|