Thread: Airforce talon re-cap

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default AirForce talon re-cap

i got my talon 1 year and half ago.. it was .177 in 18 inch barrel.. shoots hard and loud.. accuracy is ok. a 490cc bottle hold lot's of air but not enough for 40 shots with 200bar fill.. i was a little disappointed... even wanted to get rid of it sometime and search in the market again for something better to do hunting with..

beginning of this year.. i fitted a .20cal 26inch barrel in... that was the best decision i have ever made to this gun... it changed everything since.. without any other tuning but installed a brass hammer.. with 170bar fill it offers 50shots then down to 120bar... even after 50shots, the POI only drop 1inch at 55meters which still more than enough for hunting.. with silencer it's whisper quiet, took pigeon out with head shot at 70meters... there r so many modification options available... i couldn't be more happy.

the zos hunting reticle scope calibrated dail-in and rangfinding from 10-55m with 5m interval and they spot on... will finish the rest of distance when got time: from 55m-120m. i do pest control type of hunting a lot... don't like quick and close shots.. that's no challenge and very boring... not my type of hunting..

talon made by aluminum.. after fitted with bipod/zos/big wheel.. only 4kg in total.. and they all water proof , i can hunt even leave them in the rain.. no problem.. talon to me just like another favourite tool -- glock. it's simple and effetive.. no non-sense.. no-bullsh@t...

i just ordered another talon today... again it will be .20cal but with Crazy mods... :crazy

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Its such a simple design, surely someone locally can start making them for us cheaply? I believe the valve in the bottle is used as the striker valve.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yup, the cocking mechanism just jumps back and hits what they call the Top Hat. Boonies is right, with a silencer on its quiet but you get this wack as the stiker hits. I pushed some Eunjins from Boondock through my Condor, damn thing recoils like hell now but you can see those pellets flying in the Sun way out to 100mtrs

RAGGITY's Avatar RAGGITY

do you guys know of the talon owners group and leupy or timw mods for gunpower/air force rifles. if not look for them as they have a vast amount of knowledge on all things stealth/talon/condor etc you can reach most of them/it here http://talonownersgroup.com

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

hehe..my talon ss is coming...